Model Cars Magazine Forum

MARMON coe 86" cab

Hi folks, sorry I havn't posted much lately , first time I have been on for a while, I have been working on the MARMON though but I havn't got any more recent photos to post, hi Vince in answer to your question, yes the front of the cab does slope back its probably the angle of the photos that don't show it too clear, thanks all for following the build, must get some more photos done.

SAM_3966.JPG

Found some more photos so here is a bit of an update, I used the seats from the resin kit as I am modeling a MARMON from circa 1977 and the ones in the MARMON/ PETERBILT Revell kit that I used for the donner chassis are a bit too modern, I have used the steering column from the Revell kit as it is a much cleaner moulding in plastic than the resin one. The dashboard is scratch built from plastic but incorporating the resin panels with the dials, there is still a little bit of filling to do around the two parts in the photos, the dashboard is not correct for the 1977 model but as I am modeling the period around 1995/2000 I figure it might have been updated a little in the company's own workshops ( modelers licence etc ) it would have been coming to the end of its working life by then I think, ( 20 plus years) in the photos there is a storage shelf with more storage underneath, the cab tub/bunk, heater unit box and a few other bits.

Some of these items have now been painted and other bits completed for the cab interior, the roof lining with the curtain rails is made but the pod containing the radio, CB and air con vents is still to do before I can start on the detail on the outside of the cab, mirror brackets, cab tilt lock mech, sun visor, lights, indicators, antenna's, grab rails, wipers, air con unit etc, I think there is a good chance that I won't finish this until the end of the year as we will be altering the clocks to summer time in a few weeks and that will be the end of the dark evenings, no more excuses for not working in the garden, painting the house etc, ah well that's life.

SAM_3980.JPG

SAM_3983.JPG

SAM_3985.JPG

Cheers for the nice comments folks, hi Hermann, I know it should have an ashtray on the passenger side of the dash board but I don't think I am going to bother with it, I am going to assume that it was taken off when the cab was refurbished and anyway the regular driver doesn't smoke ( that's my excuse anyway) also, the dash is not correct for this particular truck, model, year, I have mixed it with the later stile dash. I am not sure yet weather the resin/styrene mix will be a success when it comes to painting it, I considered using decals for the dash dials but as I didn't have enough spares of the same stile I had no other option, I will have to see how it comes out after painting, I need some new glasses as well!  Anyway, happy modeling for now everybody.

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody, its been a while, progress on the MARMON is now down to a crawl, in fact its on hold for the next couple of weeks as two of my paint colours have gone dry, off for a short break to Britain tomorrow so I will be able to stock up again. Anyway a few photo's of progress so far, might be a while to the next ones, happy modeling everyone.

SAM_3995.JPG

SAM_3997.JPG

SAM_4000.JPG

SAM_4002.JPG

SAM_4003.JPG