Model Cars Magazine Forum

61 Plymouth Fury

pack rat

Beautifully done Mike. Excellent colour choice. I have one that was built up many, many years ago that I got from a neighbour. It's not as clean as yours was, but it should still be a relatively easy restoration. Your fine paint work and foiling will be an inspiration when I re-do mine.

On 4/29/2018 at 5:30 PM, pack rat said:

Dusting the shelves again and took some new pics of one I finished a few years ago.

A Johan 61 Plymouth Fury I purchased as a built-up and restored.  Not a glue bomb; it was cleanly built by an adult.  The only issue was discovered after I stripped it; the body had been broken into two or three pieces and repaired.  I just had to putty and smooth out some of the repaired cracks before priming-no biggie.     

z1.JPG

z3.JPG

z4.JPG

z5.JPG

z6.JPG

z7.JPG

z8.JPG

z9.JPG

z10.JPG

Mike, why not post the before picture ro the Glue Bombs post and get that thread jump started again? This car qualifies. Awesome job, BTW. 

4 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Mike, why not post the before picture ro the Glue Bombs post and get that thread jump started again? This car qualifies. Awesome job, BTW. 

As much as I enjoy the glue-bomb thread, I don't think this one qualifies.

This kit was neatly built by an adult builder/collector that came complete with the original box, decals, unused parts etc.  Calling it a glue-bomb would be an insult to the original builder. 

If it's glue-bombs you want....I'll post some pics over there shortly of what's on my bench right now..

Stunning restoration :)

Got one of these from the 'Bay' $60 for a glue bomb with all the custom stuff welded on. Next add on another $20ish for post to the UK, all to do a conversion into something special, then I discovered Modelhaus did a re pop.

Probably the ugliest car ever to come out of the Plymouth range but for some reason I love it and want one

DSC_0035 (1).jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

Wow that turned out flawless! Always great to see these rare kits being built, and this is one of the best builds that I've seen from this kit. Especially the sharp BMF work stands out as the car has so much chrome on it. Very nice job. Makes me want to start mine, which is a resin version though.

Beautiful job!! :wub:

And to think this strange looking car was sitting somewhere on a dealers lot waiting to be taken home when I came into the world. I gotta say.........I'm sure that dorsal fin on the rear decklid must have raised a few eyebrows when it was first seen. Folks may have said......."What the heck??" :D