Model Cars Magazine Forum

Desirable Reissues

GerN

19 minutes ago, GerN said:

For reissues, I'd like the foreign cars done by U.S. companies, primarily the Aurora series which included the Maserati 3500 GT, and also the MPC Fiero, Revell Porsche 928, etc.  

I too would like to see the Aurora Maserati reissued, along with the Aston-Martin DB4. (The "Spy Car" DB5 would be even better, but since it's never been reissued, I doubt it ever will be.)

23 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I too would like to see the Aurora Maserati reissued, along with the Aston-Martin DB4. (The "Spy Car" DB5 would be even better, but since it's never been reissued, I doubt it ever will be.)

I'd like to see an all new tool of an Aston DB4 or DB5. The Aurora and Airfix kits are ok, but both have flaws and proportional issues. 

4 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

I'd like to see more Maseratis, but the Aurora Maserati and Aston Martin will do nicely in the meantime.   However there are far better E-type and GTO kits out there.

Yeah, that's why I didn't mention those. 

Last year rumors were floating around that Revell was doing a new-mold Aston Martin DB-5, for release in Sept. 2017.  It apparently died due to licensing issues.  Link below to the discussion about it on Britmodeler. 

Besides the Unobtainium Airfix and Aurora Bond cars, back in the 1990s Doyusha did a DB-5 in regular and James Bond versions.  The 007 kit had the tire slashers, rotating license plates, trunk bulletproof shield, machine guns etc.  It also came with 2 figures, Bond & Oddjob. Plus the famous briefcase and AR-7 sniper rifle.  It was a simplified curbside kit with no engine, but people who have built it seem to like it.  The Doyusha DB-5 was re-issued by...of all people...Airfix!  Why not reissue your own 007 DB-5, guys?  (Because the molds no longer exist, probably.) 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235014575-new-124-db5-from-revell/

aston_007.JPG

It would also be nice to see Aurora's Porsche 904 back on the shelves, especially with the improvements Monogram made to the kit.  A reissue of Revell's Porsche 928 would certainly benefit from sort of decal that would duplicate the funky op art upholstery of the original.

They've been pretty good at bringing them out, but I would like to see MPC's Vega and Pinto hatchback, their 78 Camaro, really any of MPC's old annuals. AMT's Ford Courier in stock form. Any and all of Monogram's 70s curbside exotics, the 911, 924, 240z, and all the rest, preferably with the optional edition parts all included in one box. The James Bond Aston Martin would be nice and I wonder if the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang tooling still exists.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:18 PM, PlymouthFan said:

I’d pay to see the 68/69 Coronets re popped as original as possible or with super bee possibilities but the chance of that’s as good as Johan coming back

Modelhaus offered a '68 Dodge Coronet resin kit, but everyone wanted a plastic kit. Now Modelhaus is gone and everyone has nothin'.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, horsepower said:

I'd like to see the Monogram/Revell 1/8 scale motorcycles ALL reissued. BUT we know that's NEVER likely to happen. Even if all the molds still exist and are in usable condition.?

I thought they might be doing that back in the early 2000s.  Around 2004 IIRC, Revell reissued the original Triumph Tiger 100 and the Honda CB72.  I was hoping that mean Triumph Drag Bike would be next, and maybe the Honda Scrambler.  But the reissues seemed to stop with those two.     

- MPC :

- Chevette annuals

- Vega / Monza (with the Pro Stock chassis --- no moulded-on exhaust !)

- Mustang II

- 1978 Chevy Pickup ( obviously backdated --- but would be okay with the GMC livery , but with the two-wheel-drive parts from the '78 annual added back in)

- 1977-78 Monaco Police Car (with normal-sized wheels and tyres !!)

- E150 Van

- 1973-1978 Camaro 

AMT :

- Courier  (with stock parts)

- "Star Truk" [sic] 

- Subaru BRAT 

- 1970-1973 Camaro SS 

16 hours ago, High octane said:

Modelhaus offered a '68 Dodge Coronet resin kit, but everyone wanted a plastic kit. Now Modelhaus is gone and everyone has nothin'.

not entirely true.

builders pop up for sale fairly regularly. And USUALLY sell for similar money to the Modelhaus resin kit.

I have a really clean builtup and dont have anywhere near invested in it the Modelhaus kit was (  just bought it last summer off Ebay .)

Actually I have

1 - 1968 Coronet hardtop.

3 - 1968 RT convertibles

1- each of the 1969 Coronet in hardtop and convertible versions

All but one of the 68 convertibles were bought in the last year or so and none were over $100 ea

23 hours ago, oldcarfan said:

MPC had a nice Toyota Supra that could stand to see a reissue.

YES !! Been wanting that one for the longest time !! ( just make sure to leave that deeply-tinted glass and those ad nauseam BF Goodrich tyres out ! ) 

On 5/5/2018 at 9:48 PM, High octane said:

I see a couple places that offer resin kits I’d love for a plastic kit because I don’t know to much about resin but I can settle with what I got for now