Model Cars Magazine Forum

Desirable Reissues

GerN

3 hours ago, PlymouthFan said:

I see a couple places that offer resin kits I’d love for a plastic kit because I don’t know to much about resin but I can settle with what I got for now

Resin isn't really that different than working with plastic and you should give it a try, as there are lots of possibilities with what the resin casters are offering us. 

I don't fool with 1/24. With that being said I got an honest 15 to 18 feet of so called 1/25 models and believe me the term 1/25 is used Very Loosely. There all parked parallel and its very easy to spot the difference. I know some run small and I think some of the Rev/mono run large. But thats an opinion. I guess most people see the same thing but different. In the end its just a hobby.

On 03/05/2018 at 9:27 PM, Jordan White said:

I've said it before, but I would love for Round 2 to reissue a bunch of the AMT/Ertl era kits of 90's cars and trucks, especially the Chevy C1500 and Ford F150 3n1 kits.

Id like to see the stock Chevy C3500 Dually reissued.

Round 2 could certainly do more: 

- any pickup trucks would seem to do well...’90’s Chevies, anything, really. I would really like to see them reconstitute the ‘70’s Dodge pickup as a 4x4 longbed, though. Can you say: “Power Wagon”???

-The MPC 1:16 ‘63 Corvette was a real gem. They have done some other 1:16 kits, and at least one or two of the choices have been a little questionable. This Corvette is really one of the nicest replica stock 1:16 kits ever done. It would be super if they unblocked all of the molds so that we could get all of the old custom parts (mags, blower, etc). We could be due for the 1:16 Cobra, too!

-how about doing “one run of fun” with the Sweathogs Pontiac Grand Prix, and then converting it back into a factory stock ‘72? 

-it’s been a little while since we have seen the MPC ‘57 Chevy gasser. 

-how about the 1974 Charger? Fix that one up a little, find the custom parts for the station wagon option, offer it in a retro box? 

-where did all of the Pintos go? We got the wagon back, but I have to believe that they still have the AMT Coupe in some form. How about the Mercury Capri while they are at it?

-1971 Road Runner. ‘Nuff said!

On 5/2/2018 at 10:35 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

A reissue of Revell's Porsche 928 would certainly benefit from sort of decal that would duplicate the funky op art upholstery of the original.

I remember that. Those seats give me a migraine headache. Funky indeed!

19 hours ago, CapSat 6 said:

Round 2 could certainly do more: 

- any pickup trucks would seem to do well...’90’s Chevies, anything, really. I would really like to see them reconstitute the ‘70’s Dodge pickup as a 4x4 longbed, though. Can you say: “Power Wagon”???

-The MPC 1:16 ‘63 Corvette was a real gem. They have done some other 1:16 kits, and at least one or two of the choices have been a little questionable. This Corvette is really one of the nicest replica stock 1:16 kits ever done. It would be super if they unblocked all of the molds so that we could get all of the old custom parts (mags, blower, etc). We could be due for the 1:16 Cobra, too!

-how about doing “one run of fun” with the Sweathogs Pontiac Grand Prix, and then converting it back into a factory stock ‘72? 

-it’s been a little while since we have seen the MPC ‘57 Chevy gasser. 

-how about the 1974 Charger? Fix that one up a little, find the custom parts for the station wagon option, offer it in a retro box? 

-where did all of the Pintos go? We got the wagon back, but I have to believe that they still have the AMT Coupe in some form. How about the Mercury Capri while they are at it?

-1971 Road Runner. ‘Nuff said!

In addition, the 60 Chevrolet Brookwood wagon, early Corvairs , 1959 or 60 Mercury, 61-3 Ford F-100 , yep all of these !!!!!

• 3 years later...
On 5/2/2018 at 11:52 PM, Chris Smith said:

I would love to see a re issue of the Revell Jungle Jim Funny Car in 1/16

Atlantis just shipped the first batch of the 1/16 Green Elephant Vega F/C, and the 1/16 Jungle Jim Vega is up next, so your wish will soon be granted.

195982062_4101845019895667_1530588123263 

On 5/5/2018 at 7:48 PM, High octane said:

Modelhaus offered a '68 Dodge Coronet resin kit, but everyone wanted a plastic kit. Now Modelhaus is gone and everyone has nothin'.

Not necessarily true.

Bultups are not that hard to find  ( I have 2 myself )  and price wise is comparable to the former Modelhaus resin kit

31 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

Any of the Pontiac Bonnevilles from 1967 to 1969. I've built the '65 and '70 and would love to fill in the gap!

I suspect with the annual retooling back then, the ‘70 convertible is the only MPC ‘66-70 Bonneville left…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Round2, How about this kit?

e38d 1 jpeg

https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/mpc-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/pontiac/1971-1980/mpc77pontiacventura7703/?view=roll

Be something that you could do a One'n' Done type deal. Since the chassis is shared with the already released Squad Rod Nova from a couple years back, it might be feasible to do. Open up all the gates and throw in a set of the nifty 5 Spoke Mags and 2 sets of tires, add some snazzy new decals, and I predict a (modest) Winner!

So, How about it?

7 minutes ago, alexis said:

Hey Round2, How about this kit?

e38d 1 jpeg

https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/mpc-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/pontiac/1971-1980/mpc77pontiacventura7703/?view=roll

Be something that you could do a One'n' Done type deal. Since the chassis is shared with the already released Squad Rod Nova from a couple years back, it might be feasible to do. Open up all the gates and throw in a set of the nifty 5 Spoke Mags and 2 sets of tires, add some snazzy new decals, and I predict a (modest) Winner!

So, How about it?

That wouldn't be a "one and done" Alan. That body was converted to the Nova.

I doubt they'd convert it back for a kit of a much less popular car.

2 hours ago, Can-Con said:

That wouldn't be a "one and done" Alan. That body was converted to the Nova.

I doubt they'd convert it back for a kit of a much less popular car.

Hurst used the previous Ventura kit to create a 1975 GTO that was cancelled at the last minute.

Round 2 needs to do a reissue of the MPC 1968 Coronet R/T kit.  We haven't seen it in over 50 years. We have 3D printing , prototyping technologies available for kits to be re-engineered.

Now is the time to do it.  Please release this one.

MPC 68 Coronet kit.jpg

1 hour ago, GMP440 said:

Round 2 needs to do a reissue of the MPC 1968 Coronet R/T kit.  We haven't seen it in over 50 years. We have 3D printing , prototyping technologies available for kits to be re-engineered.

Now is the time to do it.  Please release this one.

MPC 68 Coronet kit.jpg

Would like that, they could crank out a couple of versions even a '69 is not out of the question, but how would the market want it, the same as the original with minor improvements like clear headlamps or the same MO as Ertl did with the 70? I'm all ears! ;)

BTW September 2nd Round-2 is going live on YouTube, maybe interesting to voice your opinion and expectations to them then.

Only 3 days left to prepare yourself asking the right questions, voicing concerns, giving praise etc....

Cheers

Luc

Edited by Luc Janssens

Nobody has ever mentioned a 68 Coronet here before. Good idea. 👍🏼

65 Lincoln sedan. In tons of movies. 
Vrod dune buggy rod 

Restore Mako Shark II, Astro I, Charger III, original Mach I showcar

Meyers Tow’d, restore 65 GTO, 64 Wildcat, 66 Skylark craftsman, 87-88 Fiero GT. 
Rayson-Craft ski drag boat hull and Hull Raiser again.