Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

• 2 weeks later...

Got an old Hubley/Minicraft/Entex/Whatever 1/24 scale Rolls hanging around on the shelf?  Here's an idea.  Park-Ward Motors actually built a Rally Rolls. And sold it! Authentic right down to the coffee cups and candy wrappers scattered around the interior...

"This is a creation of the Park-Ward Motors Museum inspired by various Rolls-Royces that actually competed in famous rally events world-wide over the years. She represents what we believe a 1970s Paris - Dakar type rally car would have looked like. "

https://www.parkwardmotorsmuseum.com/1970_RollsRoyce_Silver Shadow_Crystal Lake_IL_268911220.veh

rr_rally.jpg

10_pebblebeach08.jpg

Not photoshopped - the Swandean Spitfire Special - 2 Daimler Dingo scout car chassis with a Merlin engine complete with supercharger. Reached 150 mph in 3rd gear at the Brighton Speed Trials in the '50s, never extended fully in 4th! Now fully restored in St Louis.

13 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Personally, I don't count photoshop creations as being "eligible" for this thread. :P

I have to agree. The photoshopped pictures are interesting but should stand on their own. I like seeing all of the interesting vehicles out there that are real.

14 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Personally, I don't count photoshop creations as being "eligible" for this thread. :P

I also agree.I have to add that I don't count those cars either.They have to be real actual cars,or trucks,etc.And not some computer generated image.