Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

1 hour ago, peteski said:

This would have made a perfect subject for the Auto Quiz (unless it was already used in the past).

I'm pretty sure,someone out there knows exactly what this amazing car is,and who designed it.I don't know,it still reminds me of a Vector.But I'm sure that I'am wrong.

It has amazing looks, but I'm sure this thing would be extremely difficult to get into and probably uncomfortable to drive.  But I guess the same thing can be said about women's stiletto heels. :D  It is all about appearances.

I seem to recall that the Stratos Zero used the windshield for access to the interior and vaguely remember seeing a picture in a magazine with the windshield open and the driver's head sticking out over the roof. Not practical, but it sure was a beauty. And yes, it had a Stratos HF chassis with a Ferrari Dino engine. I think it was shown before the Stratos HF rally car debuted.

Actually it was a Bertone style study not Lancia. I think many people think it was Lancia because it was called the "Stratos Zero".  Bertone did a lot of style work for Italian makers in the 60's and 70s.  Many of the studies came in this wedge shape.  The closest production car with this shape was the Fiat X-19 as well as the Lancia Stratos(if you can call that a production

car). 

Edited by Pete J.

The steering column folded forward and up while the driver got into place, then folded down above the driver's legs. Eating position was obviously laid pretty far back. Someone recently posted footage of it driving down a narrow city street.

Another wild car from around the same time was the Pininfarina 512S Speciale. A concept car built on a Ferrari race car chassis. 

Ferrari_512S%20Speciale_Side.jpg

512s1.jpg

[The car that made Lancia a legend.

Daring to be different can be a gamble, but with a bit of grit and lady luck on your side, it can be well worth the risk. That’s exactly what the Bertone design house discovered when it parked a striking concept car outside of Lancia’s front door in a bid to poach work from arch rival Pininfarina. On that day the Lancia Stratos was born.]

The above paragraph was taken from the following site:

https://www.motor1.com/features/230125/motor1com-legends-lancia-stratos/

3 hours ago, LDO said:

The steering column folded forward and up while the driver got into place, then folded down above the driver's legs. Eating position was obviously laid pretty far back. Someone recently posted footage of it driving down a narrow city street.

Another wild car from around the same time was the Pininfarina 512S Speciale. A concept car built on a Ferrari race car chassis. 

Ferrari_512S%20Speciale_Side.jpg

512s1.jpg

Cool looking.