Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, SSNJim said:

Actually, I kind of like it. A few tweaks here and there, and a lot in the rear, and that would be a real head-turner. In a good way.

Actually it probably could be a nice car.First off its chopped.I think it's stretched.The door handles look like they're shaved off..And then just change that front end.In my opinion,the front end doesn't make the car unique.I think it's too odd looking.

The front end is what I like - it looks very early to mid seventies Ford. Think 72 Thunderbird. Some cleanup would do wonders; straightening those round edges and removing the front fender strakes/fences/whatever you want to call them along with maybe shortening the front overhang a bit.

That rear end is awful from this angle. I can only imagine what it looks like from the rear (I hope it doesn't keep me awake tonight). He didn't have much to work with. GM cars in general from the late 70s on look great from the front to the B-pillar, then they go to pot. The chop and shaved handles are OK by me, along with the possibility of a stretch.

The headlights may close, but I don't see any seating surfaces for the doors.

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

I saw this Cadillac in the "Under glass"forum.I just had to add it.Cause that is one weird looking Caddy.It looks like a Seville and an Avanti had a head on collision,and this what happened.:D

IMG_3565.JPG

This little man happened.

Pretty legendary too.................................................

https://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Bill_Hines

Edited by Joe Handley

On 7/11/2018 at 6:43 PM, NYLIBUD said:

I Think it would make a great pimp's car.Sorry if that's inappropriate language.:D

They are just misunderstood.....I think the PC terminology is a horizontal recreation business manager of the service industry

Oh yea,this definitely falls under the category of weird..Very cool,but weird.I have to say though,that this year Valiant,to me,is a pretty ugly car.Reminds me too much of a Studebaker Lark.Another ugly car.Up their with an Avanti.Sorry Studebaker fans,no offense.:D

IMG_3617.JPG

Here's another couple of VERY weird ,strange,odd,bizarre car,for lack of a better word.I don't know which way it's going.And this pink thing is...well also weird.Man who actually builds these things..Some are down right scary looking.?

IMG_3618.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

Edited by NYLIBUD

14 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Oh yea,this definitely falls under the category of weird..Very cool,but weird.I have to say though,that this year Valiant,to me,is a pretty ugly car.Reminds me too much of a Studebaker Lark.Another ugly car.Up their with an Avanti.Sorry Studebaker fans,no offense.:D

IMG_3617.JPG

I spent a summer in this car, though black 4-doors, working for the Connecticut Highway Dept. taking road surveys all over the state, and never a break down. I didn't think they looked half-bad.

16 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Um I think this guys roof rack belongs on a slightly bigger truck.

IMG_3635.JPG

That thing is big enough to create wind drag. The good news is a tremendous improvement in TV reception.