Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

1 hour ago, espo said:

In that case that might not be an arm on the hood. With the "wash off paint" that the sell in parts stores now that could just be a Halloween thing.  

Yea I did notice the arm on the hood.I think your right.Its probably a Halloween thing.Either that,or he hit a moose.:D

42 minutes ago, Bucky said:

Did you guys notice the head sticking out of the grille?

37 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Wow,No actually I didn't notice the head.Thanks for pointing that out.That confirms it's probably a Halloween gag..At least I hope he didn't hit someone:lol:

And the arm on the hood.

53 minutes ago, Bucky said:

Did you guys notice the head sticking out of the grille?

At one time this Jeep would have caused a scandal on the public highways. 

But today, with The Walking Dead the #1 show on TV, the reaction is more likely to be, "Hey, looka that! Cool!" 

On 10/11/2018 at 12:21 PM, NYLIBUD said:

I think if I read correctly,it had a turbo engine.Otherwise,your right,it's just a regular POS from the days that American cars were built like garbage.:P

If that was turbocharged, it wasn't factory, those should have had GM's Meh-tacular 2.8l EFI V-6, with that style nose, maybe AWD and ABS too!

1 hour ago, Vincent631 said:

Check out this Jeep. Some like the look of  a lifted up SUV but, I bet it never really goes off road.

35cmwz7.jpg

Oh really Vinny,it's funny cause I own this Jeep,and it does go off-roading whenever I can.So mind your own business,ok pal.

Before I would discount one of these I'd be looking underneath to see how scraped up the skid plates are. If you spend anytime off road you will have a new found respect for this rig. He has the right tires and ground clearance, now how scraped are the skid plates and only then will you know if this guy is a poser or is serious.   

On 10/20/2018 at 8:29 PM, blunc said:

that's a little harsh...

Harsh no,I know the author of this thread.He has no idea how capable this Jeep is,offroad.I don't go rock crawling.Its my daily driver.The Jeep is fantastic off-road.In the woods,the sand,snow,and everything else.And the only reason I don't go offroad as much as I'd like to,is simply there are only a few places to go for a quick trip through the woods and mud.I live on LI.And no the Jeep has never been to a Jamboree,or a XJ trail ride.Out of state.Its been in other shows.Anyway,like I said,she's capabale of crossing over and through anything.Now the author,,,well he drives his very own soccer moms little Jeep.Not even a real Jeep.Yup,but seriously Vinny,your words mean nothing.

So Yea thanks old pal:angry::(

On 10/20/2018 at 4:33 PM, espo said:

Before I would discount one of these I'd be looking underneath to see how scraped up the skid plates are. If you spend anytime off road you will have a new found respect for this rig. He has the right tires and ground clearance, now how scraped are the skid plates and only then will you know if this guy is a poser or is serious.   

And espo,let me just tell u,not to sound like it's the best Jeep in the world.No Its not.But the Jeep is incredible off road.Tight trails?,Woods,mud,sand and snow.The truck just goes through everything.However I live on LI.where offroad areas are not big.But when I did take it in some woods last year,it was great.But It is my daily driver too.Its a very well built Jeep Cherokee.So vicent631,just  SHHH,quiet.Thanks ok.:angry:

Typically, if you run across a Cherokee, or really any Jeep that looks like Ron's, it goes off road from time to time, mine is stock and it has been off road a few times, but I only run slightly larger than stock All Terrains on it, but Dad had his XJ's that were identically prepped to where mine is and those would go farther in 2wd that most trucks would in 4Hi. Now if you see a JK Wrangler looking like the below JK, chanced are that is the farthest off road it goes is;)

SCA-Performance-JKZ1-Lifted-Jeep-Review-

Like I said,anywhere I took it offroad,it just went through everything.There was a large    section of woods near me,and it just rolled through with no problems.I mean I do wish I lived up state,or better yet,out west,CA,AZ,etc.I just get in as much 4x4 ing on LI as I can.Im gonna probably do a fall Jamboree in early November.

21 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Like I said,anywhere I took it offroad,it just went through everything.There was a large    section of woods near me,and it just rolled through with no problems.I mean I do wish I lived up state,or better yet,out west,CA,AZ,etc.I just get in as much 4x4 ing on LI as I can.Im gonna probably do a fall Jamboree in early November.

Ever get the chance to do the jamboree on the Rubicon do it! Great country, wheeling and people. Get up there you're not around the stereotypical Californian, think you would enjoy it.

That's a thought.Ive always been a Jeep guy,and always wanted to go to Rubicon.PA,and Jersey have some fourwheeling areas.like I said,LI has a lot of beach area to wheel on,but I don't hit the beach too often.I Just like woods,trails,sand,wide open trails,mud,rocks,and dirt.And so does my truck.:lol:

On 10/20/2018 at 8:29 PM, blunc said:

that's a little harsh...

Oh and blunk,,,No it's not being harsh,if you only knew,vincent631,

Thanks