Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

Man that thing is fugly...It does look like a fish.Stupid idea,and I'm sure that's why,it never went past the artists table.Thank GOD.Heres another persons idea of a car.Wow,that's the only word I can say without getting booted off this website.:DWhat a POS.Redneck limo..

IMG_4750.JPG

50 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Man that thing is fugly...It does look like a fish.Stupid idea,and I'm sure that's why,it never went past the artists table.Thank GOD.Heres another persons idea of a car.Wow,that's the only word I can say without getting booted off this website.:DWhat a POS.Redneck limo..

IMG_4750.JPG

Hey now, there's nothing about that "thing" that a pound or two of tannerite can't fix.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

That's actually not horrible. The glass kind of puts me in mind of a B-29, C-46, JU-88, or Arado 234. 

Yea your right,the Peugeot isn't too bad,but like I said the Puma thing looks like it should be driving around on the moon or something.:D

13 hours ago, Ty Gontz said:

You are correct, Rob. The real Quasar is a concept car from 1984, and Matchbox produced diecast Quasars from ‘86 to ‘95.

I wonder where the real car is.If it's still out there in one piece,it's probably worth quite a bit of $$.Maybe it's in a museum,or someone's private collection.

Yea I've got a friend who is currently trying to restore a 75 Laguna S3,with a big block.Only problem is,he's out of work,so there the car sits.The top pic is a 75,and the other one is a 76.I think 75 or 76 was the last year you could actually get a big block 454ci in a GM passenger car.Then they were just st found in trucks.However the 440 Chrysler motor went to 1978.

IMG_5404.JPG

IMG_5405.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG

According to Wikipedia, the top engine for '76 was the 400:

In its third and final season, the 1976 Laguna Type S-3 again featured a sloped, body-color urethane front end and quarter-window louvers, but with new rear styling and horizontal taillights shared with other Chevelles. Lagunas shared their round-gauge instrument panel with the personal-luxury Monte Carlo; Malibu models made do with a more conventional dashboard and a linear-readout speedometer. The standard engine was a new 140-horsepower 305 2-barrel V8. Optional engines included the 145-horsepower 350 two-barrel V8 and 175-horsepower 400 four-barrel V8. Aero styling had helped make the Laguna popular with NASCAR drivers. Laguna S3 was outsold by the lower priced Malibu Classic coupe and the Monte Carlo. Production of the Laguna edged up to 9,100 cars as the base price went to $4,621.

NASCAR

Edited by Bucky

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

I owned a '76 Malibu Classic with the 400. Torquey engine, but no real hot rod!

No your right,there definitely not really a hot rod,but they still are pretty cool cars.The Last of the Chevelles.My friend has been trying for years to get his Laguna finished.But as I said,he's hurt and out of work.