Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

The owners of the cars are entitled to do what they want to them, but I question why they would modify the Daytona Charger and the Challenger.  The Daytona Charger in stock configuration and the Challenger depending on how it was optioned are likely 6 figure cars.

1 hour ago, JollySipper said:

The Daytona is a PhotoShop..........

Yep, I have seen that one before. I would drive the heck out of that Challenger wagon. I wouldn't build it, but I would drive it.

3 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Oh yea,sure they can do what they want,but I ask myself,why waste a Challenger,and a Daytona?The Delorean,is pretty wild too.

That is exactly what styrene is FOR! B)

14 hours ago, MeatMan said:

This is a conversion kit.

charger-uteb584b6_3bf8a105648846919c29ceaf4bf207e6~

Smyth Performance have been doing ute conversions on Mk4 Volkswagens for a number of years now. The kit is (was) less than $3k, and you can do it in your driveway in a weekend. No welding required. i've been looking for a Mk4 Jetta to use as a base and build my own. They now offer the Charger kit, a Mk5 VW kit, as well as a kit for the Audi A4, which would be awesome as it's all wheel drive. They're also defeloping a kit for the Subaru Impreza/WRX/STI and the VW New Beetle.

Keep in mind that there was a time when you couldn't give a Barracuda/Challenger or a Daytona away.  They could be had for a couple of hundred bucks.  Most got destroyed.  That is one of the reasons that they are so valuable today.  

8 hours ago, Pete J. said:

Keep in mind that there was a time when you couldn't give a Barracuda/Challenger or a Daytona away.  They could be had for a couple of hundred bucks.  Most got destroyed.  That is one of the reasons that they are so valuable today.  

It is amazing to me that these cars (Daytonas,and Superbirds)weren't selling well at all back then.They just sat in showrooms,and car lots.A lot of people obviously thought they were just too over the top,and preferred the regular Road Runners and Chargers.

55 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

It is amazing to me that these cars (Daytonas,and Superbirds)weren't selling well at all back then.They just sat in showrooms,and car lots.A lot of people obviously thought they were just too over the top,and preferred the regular Road Runners and Chargers.

They were probably thinking about how/where to park them outside of one's own driveway. Yikes! 

11 hours ago, LDO said:

I thought the I.A.D. Alien was a cool concept car back in the '80s. There's a Hot Wheels car available.

1986_IAD_Alien_07-vi.jpg

I thought that was the next-gen Kirby vacuum cleaner. It would also make a great golf cart for the golfer in a BIG hurry. :lol:

5 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

It also may have had something to do with the extra two feet of length added to the length of the car by the nose.  Probably wouldn't fit in most garages and parallel parking one of this would be a beast if you could get it to fit!

On 5/2/2018 at 7:42 PM, NYLIBUD said:

They were probably rather pricey as well.  Both cars retailed at about $4,000.00 $4,500.00.  I checked NADA for a comparison and a 1970 Cutlass had an MSRP of about $2,900.00.