Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

54 minutes ago, Atmobil said:

I remember that Ford Shelby concept car from back when I was replacing the desktop wallpaper on my computer several times a week. Always with a new snazy car photo from supercars.net. Now I have had the same desktop wallpaper since 2011....
I like both the vw bus and the "dentside-bronco", looks a bit like fullsize rc cars.
What about the truck they drive around in in the latest episode of dirt every day, a backwards old Chevy farmtruck:

The windshield looks like a Chevrolet but the cab and engine cover look like an old Dodge Power Wagon. Looks like it would be fun with rear steer. 

20 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

I'm thinking it's...a fake.Just a couple of farm tractor wheels leaning on a VW bus.If you notice,there's no suspension.But it would be pretty cool if it were real.

I took a closer look at that picture. The VW body is sitting on a tractor Backwards. You can just make out the tractor's  Differential under the front bumper.

And you can sorta see the nose of the tractor under the sheet metal of the rear of the VW.

So the tractor is usable , your just looking out the rear window's of  the VW. The tire's at the front of the van don't have to turn , the steer tire's are at the rear of the van.

2 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Seen these two well surfing the web.

4A49B31D-E271-41E9-9B8A-CBBD45289834.jpeg

Look close and you'll see why he NEEDS all those lights: In case he happens to be driving somewhere and has a tailwind that's moving forward faster than he is. :lol:

On 30.8.2018 at 4:28 PM, espo said:

I bet the boys from the Red Green Show could fix that with a little Duck Tape. 

:lol: Love Red Green Show, laughed so I fell of the chair when watching Handyman Corner.
I would think that the VW bus would have side-to-side brake-steering like a skidsteer loader. I'm sure I have had a RC toy car similar to that. Maybe I should try building something like that with Hasegawas VW split-panel van and some montertruck wheels.