Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird cars Post em here.

NYLIBUD

12 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Does anyone remember the story of The Dragon Vette?

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2011/02/07/pics-the-dragon-vette-continues-its-evolution/

It's real, and yes, it is hideous.On purpose. And the story is amusing.

020711_8b.jpg.33215d20a055a5352c3a05c0fa50f347.jpg

020711_12.jpg.135189fe19a6f8896239f051b617597f.jpg

040810_2.jpg.71a74449a3820bd427425d20b76467e2.jpg

Anyone who does this to any car, let alone a Corvette, should have vehicle ownership revoked for life.      

5 hours ago, espo said:

Anyone who does this to any car, let alone a Corvette, should have vehicle ownership revoked for life.      

Read the article about this one. His ex-wife was about to revoke vehicle ownership. So he devalued his prized possession. Apparently, it has many performance upgrades and is quite a beast underneath all the crap.

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Is it really that bad though? It's just paint and can be undone. Admitted, it's about 100 layers of paint and BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH, but it can all be undone. 

And really, it's just a C5 Corvette. These things are dime a dozen and cheap to buy.

You would need a huge purple pond ! :D

3 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

I don't know,it looks like it would be cruising around in Africa,hunting very BIG game.

My guess would be that it's set up for the big prairie dog shoots, or perhaps feral hogs, both of which are considered noxious vermin in parts of the country. 

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

My guess would be that it's set up for the big prairie dog shoots, or perhaps feral hogs, both of which are considered noxious vermin in parts of the country. 

So u drive around in a car,or a truck,and shoot them out the window.

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

So u drive around in a car,or a truck,and shoot them out the window.

No. The thing would be driven to the shooting point, at which point it would become a stationary shooting mount. But I'm just guessing about this particular vehicle; I have no idea what it's actually for. 

My guess is deer hunting. There's a deer stand on top, complete with lights for shining :) , and a couple of beer drinking seats up front. I guess there's room for a cooler between the seats.

Maybe they're actually scouting seats. You sit a couple of people in the front seats, turn on the lights, and drive around slowly with them looking for deer signs. Once good signs are found, you stop, turn off the lights, wait for sunrise, and move to the stand.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

1 hour ago, SSNJim said:

My guess is deer hunting. There's a deer stand on top, complete with lights for shining :) , and a couple of beer drinking seats up front. I guess there's room for a cooler between the seats.

Maybe they're actually scouting seats. You sit a couple of people in the front seats, turn on the lights, and drive around slowly with them looking for deer signs. Once good signs are found, you stop, turn off the lights, wait for sunrise, and move to the stand.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

Doing what you suggest would get everyone in the car arrested for "jacklighting" in Maryland. :unsure:

Okay, I posted a link to that Jeep on one of my gun boards and asked what it would be used to hunt. A couple agreed with my guess on feral hogs. A couple said "night hunting of predators" (coyotes and such, I assume). And two others said it's for "quail hunting, following dogs over open country. The guys up top can see the dogs working," and suggested I google "Texas High Rack Hunting." 

So I guess it's a legitimate vehicle, and a real thing in Texas (at least). :unsure: Who knew! 

Likely for hunting hogs. In Texas, feral hogs are a huge problem for farmers, causing about 50 million dollars a year in crop damage. There is no illegal way to kill wild hogs in Texas. You can pay to shoot them with a machine gun out of a helicopter. 

7 hours ago, LDO said:

There is no illegal way to kill wild hogs in Texas. You can pay to shoot them with a machine gun out of a helicopter. 

To quote Michael Keaton in Night Shift, "Is this a great country, or what?" :lol: