Model Cars Magazine Forum

Calling ALL Generals

disconovaman

I have to give credit to BeakDoc for this idea. I think it's a great idea to do a roll call for ALL the General Lee's. KWT, you were the inspiration so I'd love to see yours here too!  Here is my current one I built a few years back but I have more to build as well. Thanks!

Screenshot_20180501-110112.jpg

Screenshot_20180501-110037.jpg

Screenshot_20180501-111007.jpg

WOW... that looks awesome. Nicely done!

And WOW.. I inspired something. I am honored. And completely down with this thread....

IMG_20180429_181524707.jpg.999ef98d512fa62e41ed96f918ae45b0.jpg

IMG_20180429_182020053.jpg.c6264727912d70ff9fbbb11b0a1774a8.jpg

IMG_20180429_183001742.jpg.0845323199697336681bc248e0f7d6b5.jpg

IMG_20180429_183139803.jpg.ab2c07d0c1d0761d8fd02bb20d518d52.jpg

Let's see some more...

Edited by KWT

As a suggestion...set the completed model on the windshield of a 1:1 vehicle and take pictures from the inside of the 1:1 (as well as the outside).

You can use this technique to simulate a model that is flying. Don't leave the model on the windshield too long, though.

Wow! Beautiful weathering! Very impressive! That fire barrel reminds me of my childhood, we had neighbors that would burn their trash in the backyard...

Also when are you gonna do a diorama of the 1.1 with the snow like in the picture? That would be cool!

52 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Ok,now that's crazy.

IMG_2446.JPG

That picture was first published in Mopar Collectors Guide quite a few years ago....I believe the guy's name is Wayne Wooten, he started a Dodge Charger registry online. He contacted Warner Brother's regarding pieces and parts that they might have had kicking around, after some back and forth discussion, he was invited down to the studio (backlot?) where there was a huge pile of parts leftover, he almost loaded a complete trailer with plans to sell what he could to anyone who needed them. The studio invited him to stay and check out how they filmed a tv show, so off they went for a drive.....into the country, Hazzard actually! Pulled up to Cooter's Garage where there were a number of General's as well as cop cars. I think the number was 13 or 15 cars that he found buyers for with a stipulation that any car sold will not be shown for profit. I seen one down in Renton at a Mopar show many years ago, only one west of the Mississippi as I was told!

Same magazine did another article on the crew who built all the cars for the show when it was filmed in California, lots of behind the scene pics with row after row of Chargers and cop cars, and stories of day to day stuff happening in and around the shop. (Like when John Scheinder would come and hang out down there, join the other guys in doing smoke shows with 440 powered cop cars....lights and sirens going!!!  The local police did not find it as amusing....LOL!!). The studio used to send car transporters like the one above into different areas of the city, and had guys driving up and down streets and alleys looking for more cars to buy when the show was in full swing.

2005ish(?)......MCG published an article that spanned over three issues, about the remake movie complete with  info about every car used in that show, whether it was a close up car, stunt, or buck for doing interior shots. As well as interviews with stunt crew, a very cool read! 

All of this is from memory.....so kinda fuzzy.....but I don't have the exact issues to reference.

Edited by dieseldog1970

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

Here you go.Also would someone please tell me what the official color of this car is?

Thanks

IMG_2444.JPG

There is "no official" color.. only the "most used" color. The most used color is Corvette Flame Red Orange.. yes a GM paint color. They used a bunch of oranges on the show just to get a few cars painted up and out the door or when they was running low on one color and needed more paint to get the whole car done they would mix oranges all together just to get enough paint for a whole car.

Graveyard cars didn't want to admit that it wasn't a factory dodge color. Mark is such a purist that when they were rebuilding the 2005 Movie car he didn't want to put the chevy color (flame red code 78) WB specifically used that color on all the 05 Movie cars.  They ended up going with the AMC color Big Bad Orange... which I asked Al at a DOH reunion years ago and he confirmed that it was a combination of Flame Orange (Corvette)and Big Bad Orange (AMC). He said they had to mix the colors together often times to have enough paint to paint the cars. WORMan hates Ford and Chevy. I like everything on wheels and I understand that the show specializes in Mopar, what I can't understand is closeminded people that in a way are Brand racists. I'll watch the show now and then but I can't tolerate that Mark guy... I'd watch more often if he wasn't on the show... I love all brands.

7 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

Graveyard cars didn't want to admit that it wasn't a factory dodge color. Mark is such a purist that when they were rebuilding the 2005 Movie car he didn't want to put the chevy color (flame red code 78) WB specifically used that color on all the 05 Movie cars.  They ended up going with the AMC color Big Bad Orange... which I asked Al at a DOH reunion years ago and he confirmed that it was a combination of Flame Orange (Corvette)and Big Bad Orange (AMC). He said they had to mix the colors together often times to have enough paint to paint the cars. WORMan hates Ford and Chevy. I like everything on wheels and I understand that the show specializes in Mopar, what I can't understand is closeminded people that in a way are Brand racists. I'll watch the show now and then but I can't tolerate that Mark guy... I'd watch more often if he wasn't on the show... I love all brands.

I Couldn't say its better than that.I do happen to lean towards Mopar,but again I like all cars too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sad GL story... In 2000 this car was restored completly on a rotisserie... two years later it was involved in a drunk driving accident where the fire dept  used the jaws of life to cut the roof off to get the drunk out. (according to the story, the rescue team believed the doors were welded shut) Fast forward 15 years later and this is what is left... I've been studying the car and I think I'm gonna build the model of it. Sorry for the depressing images, but this is a reminder that we shouldn't drink and drive.

Screenshot_20180614-085243.jpg

Screenshot_20180614-085645.jpg

20180614_085109.jpg