Model Cars Magazine Forum

Detachable Gooseneck Lowboy, WIP

9 hours ago, redneckrigger said:

1547344966892-th.jpg1547345042273-th.jpg1547345083648-th.jpg

Got the gooseneck all plumbed up last night. Having a pretty bad time with the arthritis in my hands, but, it will do. Speed of build is getting slower and slower, but it is what it is! More to come!

Progress is looking good!! 

Found time today to work on the build and fought off the arthritis demons! Got all of the rest of the plumbing done and only glued my fingers together twice.  Put a first coat of red on it, mixed with some flattening agent to make it cover all the nooks and crannies, and there are a LOT of them! Will do a second, darker red coat tomorrow with a bit of gloss.  It's been a long road but starting to see the end!

IMG_7757.JPG

IMG_7758.JPG

IMG_7759.JPG

IMG_7760.JPG

Edited by redneckrigger

Got the topcoat of dark red on it and installed the deck.  After it cures for a couple days, will install the wheels and tires and decal it and do some light weathering and stick a fork in it and call it done! Now back to the B815! 

Am already trying to think of something else that's just a wee bit out of my comfort zone to build next.....a paver, a crane......certainly not something out of the box!IMG_7761.JPG

IMG_7762.JPG

IMG_7763.JPG

IMG_7764.JPG

Edited by redneckrigger

Well, I finally am calling this one done.....got the decals on, the lights, conspicuity tape,mud flaps from Moluminum, and the next stop is Under Glass! My fictional company is Readsboro Heavy Haulers, hence the name on the gooseneck. Hope you all enjoyed the build! When I get the Mack B815 done I will do some light weathering on both. 

IMG_7789.JPG

IMG_7790.JPG

IMG_7791.JPG

IMG_7792.JPG

IMG_7795.JPG

Edited by redneckrigger

52 minutes ago, redneckrigger said:

Well, I finally am calling this one done.....got the decals on, the lights, conspicuity tape,mud flaps from Moluminum, and the next stop is Under Glass! My fictional company is Readsboro Heavy Haulers, hence the name on the gooseneck. Hope you all enjoyed the build! When I get the Mack B815 done I will do some light weathering on both. 

IMG_7789.JPG

IMG_7790.JPG

IMG_7791.JPG

IMG_7792.JPG

IMG_7795.JPG

Looks great. Is the conspicuity tape refective?