Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL XXVII 2019, Who's gonna be there from here?...I will!

simonr

16 hours ago, simonr said:

Exactly one year for this great event...are you planning to attend?

Seems like it was only last year that you were asking this....... where does time go? Yep, I'll be there as usual, hope to have more than one project finished by that time.

I can't promise I'll ultimately make it out there, but the Shelby I'm still working on is being built with the GSL in mind. ;)

It'll all depend on how the money goes between now and then. I'll be having a change in hours soon (not as much OT as before) and I was considering moving not long ago.............we'll have to see how things play out. Just the same, I'd LOVE to get out there again! Hard to believe the last time I was there was 2007! :o

• 3 weeks later...

I plan to be there along with my two brothers.  It will be the first time for myself and brother Tom.  I believe brother Jim has been once or twice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

In case you haven't heard, it has been officially announced that there will only be TWO more GSL contests. There will be a two year gap after 2019, and the last GSL will be in 2022. So if you have never attended, your chances are running out.

I posted the email that was sent out.

To answer the topic's question, I plan to.  The VW Beetle Common Kit class should be my focus, even though I have seen a certain customized variation that should scare me away.  But I *have to* build the Bug that my parents owned when they were new, complete with wood skis and slushcicles.

8588097668_b594e75ab3_o.jpg

7 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

In case you haven't heard, it has been officially announced that there will only be TWO more GSL contests. There will be a two year gap after 2019, and the last GSL will be in 2022. So if you have never attended, your chances are running out.

I thought the last show was to be in '23, so this is good to know. Still not sure I can make the next one. Certainly I'd like to get to the very last show as it'll be sad to see it go. :(