Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford 5-Window Coupe Is Done

mrmike

On the tires, I have been using Tamiya Flat Clear in almost all of my tires lately. One it will seal and protect the White sidewall, it doesn't seem to dry flat flat looking more like a freshly scrubbed tire. I like seeing the underside of the fenders painted white. Ya that was the was it was done. That used to be called  "Sanitary" and even went inside to paint the clutch and brake pedal arms.     

Thanks David for the tip on the Tamiya Flat Clear.  I remembered seeing the white underside of the fenders somewhere and I thought that just looked so neat!  I decided to replicate that on mine.  You know...Sanitary! B)

I've been playing around with the '32 5 Window Coupe this afternoon.  I installed the wheel backs into the tires again and did a mock up of the '32.  The wheels are not pressed on since I have painted the calipers on the disc brakes and they are drying.  I still have to paint the letters on the hubcaps.  

325Window30.JPG

325Window29.JPG

325Window28.JPG

A group of us had a "Play Date" yesterday and I brought two projects to work on.  I spent the entire time working on the '32.  I worked on getting the Hemi wired and then installed the Hemi into the chassis.  Then, I got out my seat belt hardware and tape and made a set of seat belts for the interior.  One of the things missing from this kit is an ignition coil.  My friend Barry had some resin coils and he graciously offered me one for the '32.  Thank you Barry!  I went to install the radiator and grille shell and found some clearance issues with the electric fan and the water pump pulley.  I'm working on those now to get some clearance since this Hemi was originally set up for the racing version.

More to come...

325Window31.JPG

325Window32.JPG

325Window33.JPG

Yeah, but that was a while ago...

I spent part of the morning and this afternoon working on the '32.  I noticed this gap on both sides of the fenders and body and I could see through the gaps.  My solution was to either trim just below the trunk over the gas tank or cover the gap on the inside of the fenders like I did here.  I used the side fillers for the High-Boy version and installed them on opposite sides and then paint the edge by the fender.  As you can see, I ran out of paint and I didn't feel like opening another can just for a dab of paint color.  I asked my friend Barry if he could make me some fuzzy dice for this '32 and he did.  Thank you Barry!

More to come...

325Window34.JPG

325Window35.JPG

325Window36.JPG