Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 & 70 Camaro WIP (small update)5/13/18

carcrazy19

I haven't posted anything in a while so I thought I would add a few pics of what I have been working on. The 69 COPO is OOB except for the tires and I added plug wires. I just finished sanding and buffing it. The color is hugger orange. The pics aren't the greatest cause they are taken with my I-phone. I still have more work to do but I should be finished with it soon and posting in Under glass. The 70 Camaro is a project that I just started. I'm going pro street with it. I tubbed the chassis by marring the original floor pan to the 67 Chevelle pro street rear. Its the first time I'm doing a pro street build so I have a lot of ideas with what direction I want to go which will require fabrication. Honestly this is the first time I'll be doing fab work so some of my ideas for this project might be out of my league but I'm just going to go for but take my time and do as much research as I can. Any tips, tricks or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks 

IMG_2007[1].JPG

IMG_2008[1].JPG

IMG_2004[1].JPG

IMG_E1943[1].JPG

IMG_2014[1].JPG

both are looking great!! for your first pro street chassis, you are doing a great job so far. looks like everything is straight. just make sure that joint is strong. nothing worse than getting close to the end and having that joint between the chassis halves separate.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the comments. I made some small progress. I'm working on the sub frame. I think its coming out good but still have more to go and a lot of mocking up with some trial and error. You can see by the picture what type of set up I'm trying to achieve. I don't know how its going to turn out especially cause I've never done something like this before. I'm trying to take my time so that I don't get frustrated and it can be hard not to be. I've also decided to go with a B-N-L Resins 489BB motor. Getting it mocked up and fitting nicely will be the next step on this project. I'll have to move the cross member or reconfigure it so the trans will fit but haven't figured out how to do that yet. Thanks again.

IMG_2025[1].JPG

IMG_2022[1].JPG

IMG_2024[1].JPG

• carcrazy19 changed the title to 69 & 70 Camaro WIP (small update)5/13/18
6 hours ago, Cien1986 said:

Sweet.... nice build

Is that revell kit? Its slot in body....

The body stretch so much when inserting the chassis when the interior is attached on it.... but mine in 12th scale... 

Thank you.

The 69 Camaro is a revel kit and the 70 Camaro is an amt kit. I've heard that the body for the 70 Camaro is very tight which makes it hard to get the chassis in place.  

21 minutes ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

The grill on the '69 looks great. Did you just sand the back off to open it up?

Thank you, 

I did try to sand the back open but it didn't turn so good so I had extra grill that I just painted and black washed.

• 2 weeks later...
  On 5/13/2018 at 11:37 AM, Dragonhawk1066 said:

The grill on the '69 looks great. Did you just sand the back off to open it up?

Thank you, 

I did try to sand the back open but it didn't turn so good so I had extra grill that I just painted and black washed.

Pretty impressive for being paint and blackwash. About ready to attack the grill on my '69 Camaro, hope mine turns out that good.