Model Cars Magazine Forum

Glue Bomb de-glueing, help?

I have decent Luck with Castrol Super clean. (AKA the purple pond) Its a Concrete Floor cleaner sold at Automotive stores and places like Walmart, or ACE hardware. If the glue is somewhat fresh it works really Fast if the glue is Older I have had it take up to a week and sometime the plastic Can become a slightly Brittle On a scale of 1 to 10 its an 8.75 It also Strip's Chrome.

hope this helps

Gabriel

I buy alot of glue bombs and what I do is put in a freezer bag so that you don`t loose any parts.Than I put in freezer till it falls apart it usally works for me.And that way your parts will all be good and not broken or gauges out of them.I hope this helps you.

John Pol

Hey fellas, I got a question for you. How do you remove old glue from plastic? I have a glue bomb sbf that has oozed out glue all over it. It looks to be several years old. Thanks o' gurus of styrene.

Later,

Greg

Cal,

Thats also a good way to remove all that pesky dust from old built-ups. LOL

Ed :rolleyes:;):D

Ah, yes.

It's been the demise of many a former models of mine in my youth.

Old glue cannot be softened and removed without effecting all the styrene plastic in a bad way.

However, you CAN seperate old parts by dousing the model in water, shake and freeze in the icebox. The expanding mosture will work into the cracks and pop weak joints apart.

Other than that.... sanding and polishing is the only option for removing old glue blobs.... that I know of.

B)

Hey fellas, I got a question for you. How do you remove old glue from plastic? I have a glue bomb sbf that has oozed out glue all over it. It looks to be several years old. Thanks o' gurus of styrene.

Later,

Greg

Glue bomb, eh?

May I interest you in a magazine subscription?

GlueBomb.jpg

:lol: :lol: :D:lol: :lol: :lol:;):lol: :lol: :lol:

Glue bomb, eh?

GlueBomb.jpg

:unsure::lol::D:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know a guy that probably has a lifetime subscription maybe the next issue should have an article on painting in the dark with your feet using only magic markers .

Man, this is funny stuff! Not only did I get the info I needed (greatly appreciated!), but I ###### near laughed myself into incontinence. I do have a couple of M80's stashed away, but my kids make sure nothing lasts long enough to get that far. I love the magazine too! I not only should subscribe, I should see if they have a forum too! I could be in the company of others who glue their fingers together more than parts too.

Thanks again fellas, you guys help keep this hobby fun.

Have a good weekend,

Greg

Glue bomb, eh?

GlueBomb.jpg

:unsure::lol::P:blink: :blink: :blink::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Harry,

When did you sneak into my house to take pics of my models? Well at least I finally got some pics in a magazine-Even a cover shot. LOL :lol