Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 tamiya ferrari Mythos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Wonderful kit and beautiful paint!  I'll be following.

PS BTW thanks for shooting your superb build videos like you do.  I'm learning from them.  My building is such a struggle at times, a bit disheartening but posts like yours and others on this forum keep me motivated.

Edited by aurfalien

aurfalien: Thank you for your kind words and never give up; you know this is a hobby of trial and error and when you get the hang of it, you know you'll get nice results in the end

Funkychiken: yes, yellow primer should be used to paint red, but Gravity colors are that good, they come out of the airbrush like butter and the coverage is superb

Edited by Tiago Malafaya

Very nice building and video quality.  Being new to this I didn't realize I could brush on Tamiya glue on painted parts... is there a secret?  I'd also like to know what paint you used on the engine as it was so smooth and perfect?

Shaunmza: Testarossa means "Red face", in the video I just wanted to point out that the Mythos uses the same engine as the "Red face" ^_^

Jchisf: Thank you, the glue I use is Tamiya extra thin, you don't really "brush" it, you barely touch the surface and wait for it to penetrate the gap (capillary effect) because it is that thin. The Metal paints that I use are from AK interactive (xtreme metal), my favorite ones.

20 hours ago, Tiago Malafaya said:

Jchisf: Thank you, the glue I use is Tamiya extra thin, you don't really "brush" it, you barely touch the surface and wait for it to penetrate the gap (capillary effect) because it is that thin. The Metal paints that I use are from AK interactive (xtreme metal), my favorite ones.

Thanks Tiago.. you taught me something so I'll have to try doing that since I also have Tamiya extra thin.  I can also get AK Interactive Xtreme Metal here in the states so I'll have to try some of those sometime.  That exhaust is so shiny it is almost like chrome. I'm subscribed to your channel so I'll be following your progress and learning more from you.

Edited by jchrisf

On 5/25/2018 at 2:29 AM, shaunmza said:

...I never knew that Testarossa meant a boxer motor, thanks for sharing your video.

On 5/25/2018 at 8:56 PM, Tiago Malafaya said:

Shaunmza: Testarossa means "Red face"...

Actually fellas, it means "Red Head", and is homage to the 1957 Testa Rossa that had a red-painted cylinder head (testa del motore, in Italian).

main-qimg-03d5e0823f65b3b31854f8379623c042.webp

10 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Wow!  Excellent!

Many thanks

9 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Actually fellas, it means "Red Head", and is homage to the 1957 Testa Rossa that had a red-painted cylinder head (testa del motore, in Italian).

main-qimg-03d5e0823f65b3b31854f8379623c042.webp

Thanks for the heads up