Model Cars Magazine Forum

Side by side by side Dragster builds...Kemp-Teresi-Sobak

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Wilson said:

Really excited about this build by three of the best. I have a question for John. Are you just using half of the Herb Deeks wire wheels to make the dragster front wheels?

Thanks !

Yes , I used 4 pieces  to make 2 wheels

Chris....looking good! That chassis is so close to paint. I know you can get there soon. All the goodies look nice too.

John....what can I say....your Garlits car is going to be awesome! Love what you have done so far. I always enjoy seeing how you think outside of the box on your builds. Those wire wheels look fantastic too!

I should have an update as soon as I take some pictures. I've been making some progress.

Clay

1 hour ago, Jimmy Wilson said:

Thanks for the answer John. If you don't mind, could you tell me about the rims for the fronts? Did they come with the Deeks wheel kit?

Thanks again,

Jimmy

No......they are from MAS......Machined Aluminum Specialties......I believe you can get them from Ted`s

Hello All.......I got a little more work done on this build ........I modified the the roll cage......I made a front axle weight ........I mocked up the gas pedal, brake handle, clutch pedal and steering wheel........I also mocked-up the  mirrors ..........I mocked-up the rear axle and wheels and started to mock-up the engine.......this kit came with formed open parachute that many kits had .......I wanted to incorporate  a deployed parachute or a closed parachute.......I added magnets for an easy switch out to use deployed or a closed parachute.......my good friend sent me vinyl parachute that I modified to look deployed and I`m using a "Pro Tech" closed parachute  ........I will drill out all the holes for plumbing next......thanks for looking

DSCF0938_zpshppi5hbj.jpg

DSCF0939_zpskxys3iym.jpg

DSCF0930_zpst4joei57.jpg

DSCF0928_zpsmpqw9gxo.jpg

DSCF0929_zpszwnwxobk.jpg

DSCF0937_zpsuywbpasq.jpg

• Like 1

Clay... yes we do do. I am hoping to be able to finish prepping some parts tonight so that I will be able to paint them tomorrow after work or if I am lucky maybe this evening. I know I have to be father behind both you and John at this point.

Alright Fellas... got a little update to share with everyone as I have gotten a little more work done on my build. When I first stared sanding the mold lines on the chassis to clean them up for some reason they were sorta hard to see due to the color of the plastic I believe and I sprayed the chassis with primer so that I could see the mold lines and I started sanding the chassis away.

2v2JDjdr5xAhe9C.jpg

2v2JDjdz8xAhe9C.jpg

Then it was time to get some of the engine parts in primer and re shoot the chassis with some primer:

2v2JDjy3dxAhe9C.jpg

Then in the mean time, I ran across a couple pics of MeEwen's dragster and it showed a push bar on the back and I thought it looked cool so I though what the heck that should be pretty easy to make and decided to chop off the rear of the chassis:

2v2JDjy9NxAhe9C.jpg

Next it was time to prep some of the engine parts for paint, I scuffed them all up with some fine scotch-brite:

2v2JDjyE8xAhe9C.jpg

Then yesterday after I got home from work, I broke the air bush out and painted the parts. I used House of Kolor Black base on the parts and then on the Manifold I used Alclad's Magnesium and the oil pan I was going to originally go with Alclad's Gold but I had issues with mine where it was sorta thick and gel like. I was bummed because I really wanted to use that color for it and it was a brand new bottle, so I had to settle for a Pale Burnt Metal. the block with stay with just the HOK black base and then the Valve covers and bell housing need to be cleared so that I can spray Alclad Chrome on them:

2v2JDjyaFxAhe9C.jpg

Hello Fellas... I was able to get to the bench for a few tonight and got a couple things done today. First I am happy to say that I received my decals from Chuck Boerner. Thank you Chuck for getting them printing and shipped out quickly for me. I was able to get a start on gluing some of the engine parts together. It's not a lot of progress but its some. I still need to do some minor mods to the chassis and I keep debating with what I want to do with the seat and molded in chassis to the back of it and the reason being is that the chassis and the back of the seat are 2 different colors.

Here are Chuck's decals that I received which are printed on an Alps printer:

2v2J4YNc2xAhe9C.jpg

Here I wanted to check the placement since Chuck mentioned to me that this was originally done for the Revell or Monogram kit, I can't remember now...lol:

2v2J4YNw3xAhe9C.jpg

Here is the motor with the oil pan and manifold glued in place. Then I decided to add some Moroso decals to the oil pan. I liked what Clay did with his Miloden decals and I wanted to do something a tad different. I still would like to weather it a little bit:

2v2J4YNfvxAhe9C.jpg

2v2J4YNAUxAhe9C.jpg

Here is the Manifold glued in place:

2v2J4YNB9xAhe9C.jpg

19 hours ago, Mooneyzs said:

Hello Fellas... I was able to get to the bench for a few tonight and got a couple things done today. First I am happy to say that I received my decals from Chuck Boerner. Thank you Chuck for getting them printing and shipped out quickly for me. I was able to get a start on gluing some of the engine parts together. It's not a lot of progress but its some. I still need to do some minor mods to the chassis and I keep debating with what I want to do with the seat and molded in chassis to the back of it and the reason being is that the chassis and the back of the seat are 2 different colors.

Here are Chuck's decals that I received which are printed on an Alps printer:

2v2J4YNc2xAhe9C.jpg

Here I wanted to check the placement since Chuck mentioned to me that this was originally done for the Revell or Monogram kit, I can't remember now...lol:

2v2J4YNw3xAhe9C.jpg

Here is the motor with the oil pan and manifold glued in place. Then I decided to add some Moroso decals to the oil pan. I liked what Clay did with his Miloden decals and I wanted to do something a tad different. I still would like to weather it a little bit:

2v2J4YNfvxAhe9C.jpg

2v2J4YNAUxAhe9C.jpg

Here is the Manifold glued in place:

2v2J4YNB9xAhe9C.jpg

Hey Chris.......sorry I missed your up-date........looking good Brother.......The Goose Dragster version that you picked  is a beautiful car......cant wait for the next up-date

Each one of you guys are a master builder in your own right but to have all three of you building in one thread is completely over the top. I consider each of you a good friend and who else can say they've had all three of you in their house at the same time?

2 minutes ago, gasser59 said:

Each one of you guys are a master builder in your own right but to have all three of you building in one thread is completely over the top. I consider each of you a good friend and who else can say they've had all three of you in their house at the same time?

:D

2 hours ago, gasser59 said:

Not me, but I can say I’ve been in YOUR house with all three of them... :)