Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lawn mower in a kit?

1 hour ago, Psychographic said:

I have a bag kit of the square bodied Lotus that is missing the tires and chrome. I do have the decal sheet and there is nothing for the tractor, unless it had a decal sheet of it's own.

800-150 (10)

Not too long ago, a John Deere tractor with mower deck was one of the Hallmark Christmas ornaments.  My grandson got one that year and I wanted to "borrow" it from him :P.  If I remember correctly, the blades spun independently.  And, if there's a Tractor Supply store in your area, they have die-cast replicas of John Deere equipment at reasonable prices.

6 hours ago, Psychographic said:

I have a bag kit of the square bodied Lotus that is missing the tires and chrome. I do have the decal sheet and there is nothing for the tractor, unless it had a decal sheet of it's own.

I have never seen the Wheel Horse decal at all.  Oh well.    Thanks

3 hours ago, drodg said:

I have never seen the Wheel Horse decal at all.  Oh well.    Thanks

As far as I can tell there were never any decals included for the tractor, despite what the box art seems to suggest:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Now, for the Ford fans who enjoy kitbashing...

00U0U_bgfYryuc3s9_1200x900.jpg.020d3f96b3ad1462d27876419eace2fc.jpg00J0J_lPDb1u55EAp_1200x900.jpg.6c55e6eec6e75cd3e3388f2842419dbb.jpg00B0B_iQFZrZQAP2r_1200x900.jpg.90b7d5870d92c5076923f828894ee0d8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The National Lampoon magazine issue that lampooned the Boy Scouts magazine had a spoof of the AMT 60's ads which was for the 257 dollar Ford, The trees they made up for the spoof had a vertical power push lawn mower (aka LawnBoy). other such goodies as grocery bags, baby car seat,  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 9:33 AM, drodg said:

Well the answer to if there were Wheel Horse decals seems to be no!  Too bad..

The original 1969-issued kits of the STP Lotus Turbine, Rislone Eagle-Offy, and the Gurney Eagle-Ford/Weslake all had the Wheelhorse tractor, which in those days was the "Official" tow tractors used in the pits and to and from Gasoline Alley at Indianapolis to move race cars around.  I suspect that licensing issues are what eliminated those little tractors from these kits.

Art