[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've built a few Hudson pickup conversions before, but I wanted to go for more of a crude, "backyard- built" kind of vibe with this one. The trunk and rear roof section were cut away, and I laid a diamond-pattern tread plate right over the existing floor. Some framework was built above the opening, and at the back, a plank of wood is shoved between this framework and the body to serve as the tailgate. The truck has been abandoned for a number of  years, so the bed has been filled with random junk, and at some point the old farmer borrowed the gas cap and battery and forgot to replace them. He also forgot to close the hood, because I've always wanted to put the hinges and prop rods included in the kit to use. The engine is a Ford 240, which may have ended up being the second-generation Hudson Hornet Six, as the Ford Big Six was designed under the eye of Bernie Siegfried, who had also engineered the 7x Twin H engine for Hudson. When he left Hudson, he took  his OHV straight six designs with him and many of those features became part of the Ford 240/300. A few other Ford doodads made it onto the car- the wheels are from a Moebius F-100, and the tires are from a Revell Bronco. I stole the plow of a long-stalled '77 Jeep project for use here. The mirrors came from a Revell Jeep J-10. 

100_0298.thumb.JPG.dc84e36b3ad6c948cbdc59d3a124714f.JPG100_0299.thumb.JPG.f9459eecaf139fad77a4c9bae82e2025.JPG100_0300.thumb.JPG.20f084dd28fa7c327d21d928c0e5ee43.JPG100_0301.thumb.JPG.7aad537be9ffcacbcd644ebc08f24841.JPG

Very convincing! That kind of conversion was done quite a lot back in those days.

Awesome work!!

Looks Great Chuck!!

Dennis

VERY NICE!!

2 hours ago, ChrisR said:

VERY NICE!!

X2

Very Cool!

David G.

Love it!  I need to try weathering like this.

Very convincing weathering and overall appearance. These big cars were very cheap at one time and probably more than a few found their way onto farms for whatever task needed doing cheaply.

Very nice. The 5 gal water jug caught my eye, did you make it?

Very Cool!

On 5/8/2018 at 11:30 AM, NOBLNG said:

Very convincing! That kind of conversion was done quite a lot back in those days.

Yeah, when cars were built like a tank.

Try doing that with a Camry today - it'll bend in half!

22 hours ago, FredRPG said:

Very nice. The 5 gal water jug caught my eye, did you make it?

That came from a First Gear die cast '38 IH pickup made for Speedway gas stations a few years back.

Thanks guys!

Very cool! Well done.

Nice weathering.

Just when you think you have seen it all, Chuck comes up with another use for the old Hudson!:lol:

Chuck, have you considered the remote possibility of opening your place to making the Homeless and abandoned Hudson museum ?

This has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a while!  Beautiful work.

Another great build Chuck!

On ‎24‎.‎05‎.‎2018 at 5:09 AM, Jonathan said:

This has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a while!  Beautiful work.

Me too! This is kinda sick - in a good way!