Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wooden Russian submarine 1721 kit. Done !

Awesome job, Ray.  I don't think I would want to be submerged in that contraption, but it's an interesting idea.

We all live in a wooden submarine! A wooden submarine! A wooden submarine! (Apologies to The Beatles.)

Thanks Vince. There was a couple times I was not sure I would finish it. Some parts needed were not included and I had to figure out how best to make them. Lots of metal rod that needed to be cut and bent to shape. I drilled a hole for each nail that had to be installed. Plus instructions were not that good. I'm glad it's done.

34 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Thanks Vince. There was a couple times I was not sure I would finish it. Some parts needed were not included and I had to figure out how best to make them. Lots of metal rod that needed to be cut and bent to shape. I drilled a hole for each nail that had to be installed. Plus instructions were not that good. I'm glad it's done.

Yea it was a lot of work but that thing looks so cool just to display it I'll bet you would get tons of complements I never even saw the kit but I'd love to have one!

vince

• 7 months later...

I was looking at this on my phone thinking to myself I would need to view it on my laptop to get a better view and I was so right - this is awesome!! I love this - it's unique and different and you've done it proud. Great job

I would hate to be a sailor in this contraption though!