Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone do a 1977 Pontiac Can Am Resin?

Mark, I've not seen any of the '73-'77 Pontiac mid-sizers done in resin. :)

I would LOVE to see a 1973 Pontiac Grand Am as IMO it was the prettiest of all the GM mid size cars done in those years-------with the 1975-76 Chevy Laguna coming in a close second.

The closest that would come to that would be the Johan '75 Olds Cutlass-----but that would take a LOT of reworking to turn it into a '77 Lemans/Can AM. :lol:

Yeah, I've got that article Mark :D.........In fact I've got all the bits and pieces to build a Grand Am including the Johan '75 Olds.

The only thing that eludes me is the dash............Juha used the dash out of the MPC '69 Pontiac Grand Prix------way too rare of a kit to steal the dash out of! I don't think anyone does a resin repop of that dash at all. :lol: If it came down to it......I could scratchbuild that dash using the Olds as a base.

Then of course there's always the time and ambition to see it through! :lol:

I just went to Star Models site and I see the dash from the '71 GP. Yeah that would work.........problem is I don't think Ray sells individual parts like Don does at Modelhaus. :lol:

I'll have to give him a call or better yet when I see him at one of the shows, I'll ask him.

Ok guys, if dash is the only problem...get me one & ill cast soem for the project, infact if someone makes the master we will cast the car & do the decals too...i think i have the hood scoop!

kevin

Missing link

Mark, I've not seen any of the '73-'77 Pontiac mid-sizers done in resin. :P

I would LOVE to see a 1973 Pontiac Grand Am as IMO it was the prettiest of all the GM mid size cars done in those years-------with the 1975-76 Chevy Laguna coming in a close second.

The closest that would come to that would be the Johan '75 Olds Cutlass-----but that would take a LOT of reworking to turn it into a '77 Lemans/Can AM. :lol:

I also like that car, I would actually like to do a factory stock version also, I like the Laguna though :P

Ooohh...Grand Am, Can Am, Laguna S3...pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease :lol:

Gimme a reason to quit building so many new/import/exotic kits (not that there's anything wrong with that :P ) ...I need me some good disco-era models if only to use up my supply of BMF :unsure:

I hear ya Bob!

As popular as those series of cars were in the '70's you'd think there'd be a fair amount of plastic done of those. IIRC, in 1977 the Olds Cutlass was the best selling car in the U.S. .............yet no models of it.

Now that was not the flashiest car on the road back then, so you'd think they would have done a mid '70's Grand Prix, Chevelle Laguna S-3, Lemans, Etc. :unsure:

I'd love me a Grand Am to build because of the memories I had with one. Or shall I say in one?? LOL

A girl I dated owned one in black. It was such a cool car. IT looked just like this one:

grandam.jpg

I've always had a thing for those cars. They are just too hard to find these days.

I'd be down for a Laguna as well. Those just had a cool look!

Chris

Edited by crispy

Yes, I'd love to see more of the neat 'disco era' personal luxury coupes...remember them quite well from my childhood in the '70s. Revell did a nice job with their Monte Carlo,would have liked to have seen more from that era kitted, like the Grand Am, Grand Prix Can Am, '73 Chevelle SS, Laguna, '76-77 Cutlass Supreme & 442, ;73 Buick Gran Sport, etc..

Ok guys, if dash is the only problem...get me one & ill cast soem for the project, infact if someone makes the master we will cast the car & do the decals too...i think i have the hood scoop!

kevin

Missing link

George OF COURSE YOU GET THE ORIGINAL DASH BACK!... we are different at missing link,,unless you want me to keep your master...we dont keep them! I could meet you somewhere on southfield rd...call my office, email me direct at kevin@missinglinkrc.com..as soon as you can & i will give you my office number! I was working with jeff @ motorcity resin..he had some ideas disco cars too! all we need is some help with masters!

Thanks Guys, If you guys get one up and going I sure would love to buy one or two of them. I am a big Pontiac Fan, I own a 1978 Trans Am and a 1974 Trans Am. I haven't built many models since I have little kids, but I do alot of artwork, particularly Pontiac Stuff.

Here is a pic of a sketch of a Can Am that I did.

Spring08031.jpg

Please keep me posted on the Can Am, I know the Pontiac crowd would love these.

• 7 years later...