199 members have voted

1. 1. How Old Are You?

• 20 years old or younger
    • 20 - 30 years old
    • 30 - 40 years old
    • 40 - 50 years old
    • 50 years old or older

4 hours ago, Miatatom said:

I wish I'd kept my 82 Royale RP 31M. I bet that kart is a blast.

I think this thread has been officially hijacked.

IMG_0012.jpg

I love it Tom..... You can Hi-Jack any of my posts anytime mate! The 250 is borderline insane... a buck seventy into five at Road America with one inch of ground clearance... It keeps you busy! Good to hear from you Tom it's been awhile! I'm at my house in D.C. all week consulting at the Pentagon with my former employer. I'll PM you with some photos when I get home (either Wisconsin or Arizona)  My Girl and I both flew out this AM. I went East and she went South...The photos are still in albums, I'll have to ask Georgie if their In WI or AZ. I don't want to pollute this thread more than I already have.

Jmmy "RASS"

Edited by jwrass

38 minutes ago, jwrass said:

I love it Tom..... You can Hi-Jack any of my posts anytime mate! The 250 is borderline insane... a buck seventy into five at Road America with one inch of ground clearance... It keeps you busy! Good to hear from you Tom it's been awhile!  

Jimmy "RASS"

That is insane! I broke my back in '89 dirt oval racing a Margay with a 2 stroke Yamaha. I'd rode and raced dirt bikes since the late 60s and the kart seemed "safer". Fun, but it didn't end well. I'm still hanging in here, mostly lurking. ;) Most of my builds lately aren't worth posting. Too much experimentation with finishes.

10 minutes ago, Miatatom said:

That is insane! I broke my back in '89 dirt oval racing a Margay with a 2 stroke Yamaha. I'd rode and raced dirt bikes since the late 60s and the kart seemed "safer". Fun, but it didn't end well. I'm still hanging in here, mostly lurking. ;) Most of my builds lately aren't worth posting. Too much experimentation with finishes.

Ouch..... I've done my share of sheet time as well... Legs, Foot and Arms.... In fact I tilted the screening machine at the airport just this AM. Since I retired (semi) last February I haven't done squat Modeling. Until this thread I haven't posted anything here in over a year. I like to hang with the boys on the open wheel forums...Great People. Many great folks here as well!

Cheers Mate.....Jimmy "RASS"

On 5/18/2018 at 4:11 PM, Scott Colmer said:

Hey Pete. 

I know your stuff well- great builds!. Been to a lot lot of SoCal Shows. As far a wine and building....stay away from the rotating blades. Got a nasty cut that way.

Scott

On 5/18/2018 at 10:30 PM, jwrass said:

Pete,

Great Pictures....... I have always enjoyed you builds! Cheers Mate!

JImmy "RASS"

Thanks a lot guys!  It is always nice to hear that my work has been appreciated.  Hopefully I will have a lot more years at it.  At 68  I kind of feel like the eyes are my worst enemy.  Can't see anything on the bench without glasses and an optivisor, which I use to use for just the tiny stuff, is now mandatory first thing when I sit down. 

I am 75 and a half and have been building for 60 years except for a span of a few years following the death of our oldest son. The people I met during those years are some of my best friends now. I overall have nothing but great memories of those six decades and am still planning what I want to build next. The body ages,aches and in general wants to limit my building time but the ol brain just keeps working on what's next.

Edited by misterNNL
Forgotten word