Model Cars Magazine Forum

It only took me 30 years.

While I have finally finished the 69 Landy Charger I thought I would share this first.
It took me a long time but I finally have my Hemi Challenger lol.
It is a 2015 392 Shaker Scat Pack 6 speed and as of today it has 3500 miles. Not 35,000 but 3,500.
I am a very happy man.
41082278045_9365399c31_z.jpgDSC03135 by Roger Isenhouer, on Flickr
40175319960_b64045e13d_z.jpg. by Roger Isenhouer, on Flickr
40175322270_fbd58dff89_z.jpgDSC03136 by Roger Isenhouer, on Flickr

Outstanding buy. Driving a car like this activates the pleasure centers in your brain and all the other problems of the world go away. How do I know ? When I retired in '05 I bought a new '05 GTO 6 speed in Black Metallic with Black Leather interior. Added everything I could find in the Pedders catalog for the suspension with TSW Wheels and oversized tires. I would suggest you buy a Radar Detector and learn to keep an eye on the Rear View Mirror. Enjoy, you earned.   

10 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Very nice! I had a 2016 392 Scat Pack with Shaker hood. Awesome car. Get involved with your local sports car club, and do some autocrossing with it. You'll love it!

001-2016.jpg

I'm not so sure about auto crossing but drag racing sounds cool !!!-beautiful car.

On 5/13/2018 at 6:00 AM, PARTSMARTY said:

I'm not so sure about auto crossing but drag racing sounds cool !!!-beautiful car.

Anyone can go fast in a straight line. Cornering properly, braking zones, plus acceleration...that's where the real fun is!

Sad reality is. 30 years ago you probably could have bought an original 70 or 71 for about the same money you paid for this one today.

I know a friend of mine paid 30k for an original 1970 Hemi Cuda. and groaned about it ( early - mid 80s time frame )  Now he wishes he had went ahead and paid up a little more for an original drop top. At that time they were still under $100K. Now ,,,not so much

12 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Anyone can go fast in a straight line. Cornering properly, braking zones, plus acceleration...that's where the real fun is!

I respectfully disagree. Not just anyone can drag racing in a car that has power and limited traction it takes more skill then most realize not to mention the ability to have a good reaction time on the tree. Road racing and auto crossing is great fun too, but do not sell drag racing short.

Yep, my neighbors thought my Charger was loud so when I brought the Challenger home I got a few dirty looks.

2 doors down is a supercharged 2016 Camaro SS. Nice guy very nice car. The rest other the neighborhood is a sad land of minivans and hondas.