Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone buying Revell kits just in case?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 10:53 PM, Greg Myers said:

Wonder how long till the warehouse is empty ? :lol:

A quick look at the Tower Hobbies website might be an indication as they show many kits "order pending". Not sure who got the inventory in the bankruptcy and when new warehouse distribution will be set up, but gotta figure that is being worked out as we speculate.

After getting my first Tamiya kit I doubt I will buy another Revell or any other unless they up their quality.  Tamiya's quality is far above the Revell kits I have.  I have a Hasegawa to try next though.

Edited by jchrisf

Was at H.L. today and the shelves are full all the way to the back of the self for everything they had. They may have gotten a big supply when all this started and I think that H.L. would have some major warehouse space around.  

I picked up another Revell '36 Ford convertible when all of this was announced. Just because with the current situation the odds of a re-issue of that kit is now quite some ways out. 

Revell kit prices will only climb until things shake out but I'm really not too worried about the rest, recent issues will likely restart within the year and I have a few of most Revell kits I will "need" until the company gets back on track. 

On 6/17/2018 at 1:17 PM, jchrisf said:

After getting my first Tamiya kit I doubt I will buy another Revell or any other unless they up their quality.  Tamiya's quality is far above the Revell kits I have.  I have a Hasegawa to try next though.

Yeah, but they don't make Hot Rods :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

I was outbid in the last 5 seconds on that. I hate when that happens.

I got 'em. Had to liquidate everything I owned, but I got 'em.

You should have seen the looks on my ex's and her attorneys faces when I didn't fight their demands, and just turned over the Twinkies.  ;)

9 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Yeah, but they don't make Hot Rods :rolleyes:

I know this is probably a problem with most people here but I don't mind.  I do wish they made Funny Cars and Nascars though. I don't even think Revell makes Funny Cars anymore.  I mostly like newer road racing cars and racing bikes so it works well for me.

3 hours ago, jchrisf said:

I know this is probably a problem with most people here but I don't mind.  I do wish they made Funny Cars and Nascars though. I don't even think Revell makes Funny Cars anymore.  I mostly like newer road racing cars and racing bikes so it works well for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tamiya kits and buy them whenever I can afford them. I can only imagine what they could do if they decided to build an American Style Race Car, I.e, NASCAR or Drag

But, I do understand that they have a very different market to cater to.  

But then again....

Image result for Tamiya ford galaxy

Edited by Daddyfink

On 6/12/2018 at 10:53 PM, Greg Myers said:

Wonder how long till the warehouse is empty ? :lol:

On 6/14/2018 at 12:12 AM, Khils said:

My best guess.....they are already!!

Soon we will be buying them from abroad!

Yeah, looks like nothing but air in the warehouse(s). That's been confirmed by the emails I received from various shops announcing new kits and restocked items. No Revellogram items listed at all in any of the announcements.

The Danica kit is pretty cheap again... but I got it for $16.99 a month ago.  These two won't last long at $19.95 and free two day shipping for prime members:

https://www.amazon.com/Revell-854219-Danica-Patrick-Dental/dp/B0731WF7LP/ref=pd_bxgy_21_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0731WF7LP&pd_rd_r=YE057WWS27DBYARQ5CZ7&pd_rd_w=Ajr6h&pd_rd_wg=1DUhS&psc=1&refRID=YE057WWS27DBYARQ5CZ7

Edited by jchrisf

Nope, I have enough to last including two of each '29 Roadster original release, '30 Coupe first and only release still in unopened boxes already built a couple of each so far.  Not hoarding them, just waiting for the right inspiration to come along before another one is released from its cardboard prison!

Not going to play into the hands of "Chicken Littles" and speculators, every sector of the automotive hobby that I've been involved in has been fraught with one crisis or another.  Some Chicken Little running around telling everyone to buy it now or never get it!  Funny thing, if you're the least bit patient the item in question either comes back around the same price or lower.  Then those morons who bought the stores out stocking up got tired of having money tied up in stuff that wasn't supposed to ever see the light of day flood the store shelves with a vengeance!  Happens nearly every time, just be patient!