Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stanced Mk1 VW Golf gti

geetee66

As a break from 50's chrome, I decided to build this after I saw a slammed, stanced VW. 

This kit is nice to build and goes together well. The rear lights went in without glue ?.

I flared the arches and gave the driver an aftermarket seat and plumbed the fuel injection system.

The number plate on the dashboard, seems to be a typical feature on these kind of cars in the U.K. At least, it is in West London.

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I embrace the whole spectrum of car culture. It's all about personal expression through vehicles, in my book.

anyway, I hope you like it 

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2382.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2388.JPG

Edited by geetee66

12 hours ago, Janne Herajärvi said:

Looks great! and where i can find that type of sticker bomb decal? I would like to use it in some of my future builds.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the positive comments, guys!

Janne, the stickerbomb decal came from modelcars.de (eBay)

I think it was about €10.

I've just checked and they don't seem to have any in stock, but it's worth a look anyway. They've got some unusual decal sheets, which could spark a few ideas ?

21 hours ago, Ich_Will said:

As a recovering 1:1 VW guy this is fantastic. It would fit in nicely at any number of Euro shows in England ;)  Well done sir. 

Thanks, Will.

I spent a fair bit of time on google images, researching the look I was going for. Nice to know a VW addict gives it the thumbs up ?

I suspect the camber makes them handle a bit strange, but I think it looks cool! 

Just a heads up on the roof decal. I found various images on a Google search and downloaded to Word, sized it in the Word document and printed it on both clear and white backed decal paper from the Crafty Computer Company. 

Edited by PatW

3 hours ago, PatW said:

Just a heads up on the roof decal. I found various images on a Google search and downloaded to Word, sized it in the Word document and printed it on both clear and white backed decal paper from the Crafty Computer Company. 

Good tip, Pat.

Anyone wanting to do this, remember to seal the printed decal paper with some clear. Or the ink will blur when you dip it in water ?

11 hours ago, geetee66 said:

Good tip, Pat.

Anyone wanting to do this, remember to seal the printed decal paper with some clear. Or the ink will blur when you dip it in water ?

Yes Guy. All instructions come with the decal paper packs.