[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
426 pack

Model car related abbreviation?

WTF - what I think when I see most of 2018 model year cars. 

OMG - when I see what people are charging for the now super rare, impossible to replace Revell kits...

LHS - Local Hobby Shop  (as in local "brick and mortar" shop, not some online mail-order shop)

Edited by peteski

CCW-------Comments and Critique Welcome.

I see that on a lot of posts with progress pics in them, and in posts with finished build pics.

20 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

vtg= vintage.   

duh!! thanks...was trying to come up with this as three words...lol

DWIG - Damnit! Where'd It Go?!

Usually happens right at the end of a successful build sequence, when you drop a piece that is crucial to the entire project, and it hits the ground normally but then does that *crazy bounce that sends it skipping off to the most unlikely place you'd ever look.

* this acronym is NOT reserved for scale modeling alone...in fact, the effect is directly proportionate to both the size and price of the dropped component in all projects. 

[EDIT] I just saw that Jantrix beat me to the cleverness...I'm still going to hold out that my shorter acronym is more efficient, though, and carries the same emotional weight. :D

Edited by jean-lloyd