Model Cars Magazine Forum

Would YOU buy this kit if it was reissued ?

I've bought several at "super rare collector's item" prices, and I'd certainly buy a repop or two. (Same goes for the King T / Wild Dream pair).

The XR6 is a hot-rod icon, a VERY important car, and the T is just plain fun...especially with the old Frontenac twin-cam engine option.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I've bought several at "super rare collector's item" prices, and I'd certainly buy a repop or two. (Same goes for the King T / Wild Dream pair).

The XR6 is a hot-rod icon, a VERY important car, and the T is just plain fun...especially with the old Frontenac twin-cam engine option.

Hi,

This is exactly what I was thinking.  Plus I have none of these kits so it would be a first for me.

I would buy at least two, just for the 27 T.  Yea, the  XR6 is  "hot rod Royalty" , but I would only be using it for part's......  so the body would probably end up in the "Trading post" .

( What would you trade me for a "Low-mileage XR6  body ...? ) L O L .

3 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

I'm with Snake on this one. I already have the T touring by itself. And I've never been all that interested in the XR-6. But, if it was reissued I'd probably buy one. Just because I love those old AMT reissues. 

Agree with this one

41 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Well, to each his own I guess.

I have one model T in my stash of probably 200-300 kits.

I won that one in a raffle. -_-

Steve

That's okay, my interest in generic 60s sedans is effectively zero.

It's like we all had different interests or something.

Well, I've got about three partials, and I'm still in the middle of restoring a glue bomb XR-6, so I can't say I need another one. I wouldn't mind seeing it back, although from what's been said before, the tool is long lost so it would have to be reverse engineered. Don't hold your breath.

3 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

The vintage go faster parts are a very nice thing.  I'm building the '27 T stock, and I figured I'd use the Frotenac head with the '25 T roadster to make a 20s style gow job.  Just as a heads up to others who might want to try this, the engine in the 25 T is noticeably larger than the one in the '27 T kit.

39 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

... I'm building the '27 T stock, and I figured I'd use the Frotenac head with the '25 T roadster to make a 20s style gow job.  Just as a heads up to others who might want to try this, the engine in the 25 T is noticeably larger than the one in the '27 T kit.

Funny you mentioned that. I started building something similar, roughly based on a T that is said to have smoked Clark Gable's Duesenberg.

Typically, I got bogged down in technical details...but she'll be back.   :D

To be honest , I don't know . I bought the kit new in 1965. I wasn't what one might define as an XR-6 fan . The Ford Model T touring roadster , well now , yes I like that and I have a built one . The Tognotti T , well, I would buy that one well before , but only to get the Early Ford Model T parts to do a stocker ....

3 minutes ago, Eshaver said:

To be honest , I don't know . I bought the kit new in 1965. I wasn't what one might define as an XR-6 fan . The Ford Model T touring roadster , well now , yes I like that and I have a built one . The Tognotti T , well, I would buy that one well before , but only to get the Early Ford Model T parts to do a stocker ....

If you want a stock early T, I keep hearing good things about ICM's 1913 roadster, even if it is a little pricey.  It might even be a good starting point for someone wanting try and recreate the King T.

Decades ago, I had stumbled upon these kits unbuilt. The XR7 double kit, Tognotti's T and Wilhelm's Wonder. They were priced cheap at the time ($20 each) and knowing they were desirable kits, I bought them. I ended up selling all three later on, because I just wasn't into them then. The XR7 is just plain ugly, and I figured I'd never do anything with the other two.

I wish I still had them, I'd surely do something with them now.

Edited by Oldcarfan27