Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello all

Hi fellow builders, 

my name is Mike. I started building when i was a little kid with my dad. I used to harass him all the time to build. I am now 35. i built until i was about 20 or so then life other things in life got in the way. Last year I broke out all my models and started building again. I had about 100 when i stopped building and now i have 300-400.  I like all sorts of vehicles, Muscle cars, race cars, trucks, rigs, almost any vehicle. The street cars I love are Toyota's and AMC's. I like to be different. I know that NASCAR is not to popular in the model community but i do enjoy it myself. Other racing cars i have are Sprint cars, Modified Stockers, Drag, IMSA, Monster Trucks, F1, and i will take junk bodies and make them into race cars. I have a passion for racing. Before i stopped building years ago i found race car trailers at a store. I bought everything they had for 10 a piece. i had about 10 of them. Now to find them its more than double that it your lucky. I have about 20 of them now. Since I got back into the hobby and my dad is now retired i am still hassling him to work on some. I have bought a few for him to do, I have got him everything he need to get them started and done. 

As far as my modeling ability, I think I'm good but not advanced. I don't invest a bunch into my builds. i think its awesome to see them wired, modified and such but i just don't have the money to throw at it. Plus I'm a perfectionist so that pisses me off a lot too. 

Anyway, thanks for having me!

59 minutes ago, suprafastcelica said:

I don't invest a bunch into my builds. i think its awesome to see them wired, modified and such but i just don't have the money to throw at it. Plus I'm a perfectionist so that pisses me off a lot too. 

Anyway, thanks for having me!

Welcome. Seeing more race cars is ever a bad thing. As far as detailing though, many of us have turned detailing on the cheap into an art form, so that it doesn't hurt the wallet. There's no need to buy everything from Detail Master for one model when something in a craft store can get you close, and enough for many models. Looking forward to seeing your work.