Model Cars Magazine Forum

How accurate are Revell New Generation NASCAR Kits?

Bowtienutz

I never built a NASCAR model and I was wondering how accurate the new Snap kits  (for curbside) and Glue kits (for full detail) are. Are they new bodies on chassis from the 90's or new tools? The Fusion has been used for a number of years and I think the SS since 2016. That being said what other cars could be done using aftermarket decals. Thanks for your help.  

The snap kits are not accurate as far as the chassis, its the old chassis , the body for the most part is very accurate.  The glue is kit is darn near close to being accurate as we are going to get,  its has the correct COT/Gen6 style chassis.   There are some small issues and some missing roll bars, but those are easy fixes.  The ride height needs to be adjusted and the wheels stick out just a tad, but all things that can be fixed.  They also both are missing the splitter, but again, a easy fix. 

The Fusion kit can be used from 2016-2018, the Chevy SS kit can be used from 2013-2017, there were very small things changed and all those can be done via decals.  The spoilers in both kits are for the plate tracks, but the rest of the plate package was not done.   The snap kit Fusion can be used from 2013-2015.

I am not trying to self promote here, but I am currently doing series of videos on Youtube that go overs things on the new glue kits and correcting some of the issues,  if you want I will post the link for you.

Edited by martinfan5

6 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

The snap kits are not accurate as far as the chassis, its the old chassis , the body for the most part is very accurate.  The glue is kit is darn near close to being accurate as we are going to get,  its has the correct COT/Gen6 style chassis.   There are some small issues and some missing roll bars, but those are easy fixes.  The ride height needs to be adjusted and the wheels stick out just a tad, but all things that can be fixed.  They also both are missing the splitter, but again, a easy fix. 

The Fusion kit can be used from 2016-2018, the Chevy SS kit can be used from 2013-2017, there were very small things changed and all those can be done via decals.  The spoilers in both kits are for the plate tracks, but the rest of the plate package was not done.   The snap kit Fusion can be used from 2013-2015.

I am not trying to self promote here, but I am currently doing series of videos on Youtube that go overs things on the new glue kits and correcting some of the issues,  if you want I will post the link for you.

Yes, please post the link for your you tube. If I ever get a glue kit, so far my hobby lobby doesn't sell them, it will come in handy to do the proper mods that you have already figured out how to do.

3 hours ago, Bowtienutz said:

link would be helpful thanks. I thought the SS was only available as a real car 2016&17 is the SS and Impala (NASCAR) versions the same?

The SS was sold between 2013 and 2017,  and the SS body style was used from 2013-2017, the Impala and SS are different cars , the Impala nameplate was used in NASCAR starting in 2007 - the end of 2012.   

I didnt answer your other question,  this is a good place to get some current decals, the selection is limited right now.  Type in the search bar either Fusion or SS and that will bring up everything .

https://www.mikesdecals.com/

Edited by martinfan5

3 hours ago, Bowtienutz said:

link would be helpful thanks. I thought the SS was only available as a real car 2016&17 is the SS and Impala (NASCAR) versions the same?

3 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Yes, please post the link for your you tube. If I ever get a glue kit, so far my hobby lobby doesn't sell them, it will come in handy to do the proper mods that you have already figured out how to do.

So, its more than just one link, its going to be about 12 maybe, but here is the part 1, you can skip part 2, parts 3/4 have cover the missing the roll bars, part 5/6 is me just painting parts so nothing of important in those two parts.  Parts 7/8 cover the lowering the ride height and I think some other bits.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4jmsLqnnJ8vUP1ZaHP32ig/videos

Edited by martinfan5

3 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Bad news for you , Hobby Lobby wont be selling them is my understanding and it has to do with Monster Energy , I guess they are against energy drinks.   If they were going to sell them, they would of by now.    They sold the snappers becasue that was when Sprint was still the title sponsor.