Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Plymouth Satellite

Chuck Most

This is the Moebius kit. I started it back when the kit first came out, but I ended up with some nicks and blemishes in the paint, so I left it in the box for a bit. Over time I decided to leave the paint problems on it, as they give the car a kind of "as-is" used car lot appearance. I was going for an old lady's car that was purchased used by a guy who then swapped in the Hemi and added the Keystones. That Hemi came from a Revell '68 Charger, along with the hood scoop, while the wheels are from an MRC parts pack with AMT pad-printed tires. Now that this one is finally finished, I want to do a better version with the pillared coupe body. Or a rattier version with a slant six. I have to say, for a car that doesn't do much for me in 1:1, I like the kit. :) 

100_0357.thumb.JPG.c3b5d19d009083bfff5a729f08bffe17.JPG100_0358.thumb.JPG.ba3d75e70b2ab05fb3bbb804f971ec62.JPG100_0359.thumb.JPG.bde4ae0df725b50b9488dc5846dda0a7.JPG100_0360.thumb.JPG.1375b24b1bdc914e106ae982dc5c8fa9.JPG

That's a great build, Chuck! That's very much like a '65 Satellite that a good friend of mine owns- he bought a survivor '65 coupe from an elderly gent about 18 years ago, it was gold with a cream painted top, and a 273 V-8. He improved the cosmetics of the original-paint car without a full repaint (he's a Paint & Body Guy), added a Hemi Hood Scoop & mags, ran the 273 for awhile, but then eventually replaced it with his "Doomsday Engine" (a built 440 with Max Wedge heads & intake).

It's uncanny how you captured the vibe of his "Fun Car". I will have to see if I can dig up some pics of his car and post them.