Model Cars Magazine Forum

Citroën 2CV

Harpo

Revell Citroën 2CV.  Completely stock build, this kit includes a lot of detail.  Very well molded, great fit, I enjoyed building this one very much.  I'm thinking about buying a 1:1 version, so this was a great exercise.

2cv2.jpg.065288a329cf50e9ea147ca8eb9b22e7.jpg 

2cv3.jpg.929690d27722679aca0845ac358b3314.jpg

2cv4.thumb.jpg.6437161d2325c20d845dd2f34d54c9c6.jpg

2cv5.jpg.517a46a6ede415cad885a6f07a12abf9.jpg

We've got a panel version in our city as a contractors vehicle..Its bright yellow with red rims..On the side it says "Mr Electric"  See it all over the place..Must be the owners vehicle as I've seen lots of Ford Transits and Sprinters with the same logo and colors..Kind of a neat ugly looking vehicle..Sure get attention..

You have a really nice build there Garry, and the detail of that Revell kit looks to be every bit as good as a Tamiya kit. Seeing your finished build makes me want to buy one of these and the only reason I haven't built one so far is that my diorama is 1950's whereas the Citroen 2CV is 1960's.

I like the way the roll top roof has a very realistic appearance to it.

David

5 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

You have a really nice build there Garry, and the detail of that Revell kit looks to be every bit as good as a Tamiya kit. Seeing your finished build makes me want to buy one of these and the only reason I haven't built one so far is that my diorama is 1950's whereas the Citroen 2CV is 1960's.

I like the way the roll top roof has a very realistic appearance to it.

David

The 2CV was in production 1948-1990.  If anyone makes a 1960 or prior version it would have all the correct features, the only real difference is the style of the bonnet. 

Very nice! We see the Heller kit here more and I've built one of those.

Yes the first 2CV's seen in the UK were mainly corrugated metal as were the vans.

Edited by PatW

Very well done!!

The car looks cool, for sure, but When it was designed, it was supposed to go trough a field with a cargo of eggs without breaking them, not to withstand crazy modern day drivers. 

Since I saw a motorcycle (a small Honda 125cc) hit one of these in the side, and go trough completely, I wouldn't consider riding in one. The doors are almost paper thin. The tourist from Argentina that was driving the 2CV died. I was 12 years old, and had bad dreams for almost a year. 

• 6 months later...

Have a fun story about the CV-2. Met a fellow at a car show a few years back who was there with his. Asked him if he drove it much and he answered that he took it to a few car shows in the summer and on Sunday cruises with his local car club, but he added that he always took his regular car on the cruise route first so he could determine if the Citroen could get up all the hills that were on the cruise route.

Wheeler Dealers did one two.  What I like about these two shows is that they are not the yelling, screaming in your face car shows.  They explain the merits and assembly of the cars as they do the builds.  I learned a lot about 2CVs as I watched both episodes!

I lived in Germany back in the late 1960s early 1970s and these were all over the place.  I wouldn't mind having one,  Billy Joel owned one.