Model Cars Magazine Forum

I am going to turn an old amt ford lightning kit into a f450 4x4 with a 7.3L diesel. I’m not shure what it will have for a bed but I’m thinking it will be ether a bush fire truck, welding truck, tow truck or just a flat bed.  

These are just mock up pics as I haven’t started cutting or modifying anything yet.

C6D6CB38-F98A-44E0-8CB1-56814737A6E8.thumb.jpeg.2e2f795a4b4ba7037d5e3137cf56c45d.jpeg

4C43D1F7-081A-4EF7-82E0-46E5AF6DCB26.thumb.jpeg.ce031fb9438a71e4506dc7a4c1f5895c.jpeg

Comments welcome 

Wouldn't it be easier with the long bed chassis? I don't think Ford offered a heavy duty package on a short bed frame.

Or maybe use the frame from the Firestone 4x4 pickup, it's got a looooong wheelbase. 

Edited by Oldcarfan27

29 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Wouldn't it be easier with the long bed chassis? I don't think Ford offered a heavy duty package on a short bed frame.

Or maybe use the frame from the Firestone 4x4 pickup, it's got a looooong wheelbase. 

Yes it would be easier with a long bed frame but I don’t have one. I will be extending the frame or using the back half of a revell 91 Ford frame.

Great choice on the Fire truck theme. This is my own personal Ex-Fire truck. Its a 1985 Chevy K30 4X4 with Reading box converted to Fire/Medic use. It still has all the labels of what goes in each cabinet and the Cert for Emergency use. And best of all, it only 17K original miles on it.(Documented)

I am building a 1:25 copy of it just for fun.

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG