Model Cars Magazine Forum

PhotoBucket's Back?

Just read on another forum that new management at Photobucket has come to their senses. 

Came here and checked, my old AMT Camaro improvement tutorial is visible again: 

Check and see if YOUR old pics are back! If so, happy happy joy joy! :D

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Holy Moley. All of Harry P's Photoshop tutorials and his large-scale models are back too. :D

That is great news. However, someone should probably copy all of the photos in Harrys threads now, and if there is room upload them to the Forum so that when and if a Photobucket debacle happens again the photos are not permanently lost.

And I agree with what several others have said as well, Photobucket fooled me once and it ain't happening again. I have gone to a new photo hosting site (Fotki) and I'm going to stay with it.

Between the fact that the site was difficult to use at the best of times due to ads and such, and then them essentially holding everyone's photos for ransom I would bet that they are going to lose a massive number of the subscribers that they used to have.

Good to know, hopefully they will be back aswell so I don't have to continue the moving of all my old pictures. But I have now paid for a Fotki account and will use that rather than the bucket for future photosharing.

I deleted my main PB account( and I think my other ones as well)  , I am not going back right now,  I am going to wait and see what they are up too before I decide if I want to do anything.  But I dont see myself giving any cares about PB moving forward.

I just revisited PB site.  I never had a paid account-still don't.  All my pics are there but no organization of folders, just randomly selected images.  Then in the middle "I've been selected" for a free gift, can't get back without clicking through.  No thanks!

Very nice to have the pics back. That was very frustrating. 

I had decided a while back that I would not use Photobucket again, as long as I could help it. But if they are under a new management team that is trying to make things right...

I got an email from PB informing me that for $1.99/month, I'd get 10 gb space, no ads, and 3rd party hosting,  and all the 3rd party pics returned to viewing.  When I went to look at details, it said $2.49/month for 300,000 pics.  I opened a flickr account right after PBs new pricing and was going to open a Fotki account this week and move all the PB pics over.  Now I'm not so sure.

2 hours ago, crazyjim said:

I got an email from PB informing me that for $1.99/month, I'd get 10 gb space, no ads, and 3rd party hosting,  and all the 3rd party pics returned to viewing.  When I went to look at details, it said $2.49/month for 300,000 pics.  I opened a flickr account right after PBs new pricing and was going to open a Fotki account this week and move all the PB pics over.  Now I'm not so sure.

That's not horrible. If the site actually works without delay or hangups, I'd be willing to pay that. 

However, now that both this site and Hyperscale (my favorite model airplane site) allow direct pic posting, I might just stumble along as I have been.