Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Chevy Nomad 4x4

Mahogany Rush

I present to you, The Green Monster! Never can leave a model un-modded...LOL. It's a kit bash using the new GMC Big Country Chevy Truck for the running gear and tires combined with the old AMT '55 Nomad 3n1 kit. Purists will hang me from the nearest tree, but I accept that. Went together as well as could be expected. Painted Rustoleum Gloss Spring Green and Rustoleum Gloss White. Also tried the Model Master Transparent Window Tint. Need to lay it on real light a few times. I got some runs in the curves of the glass. And I did know the tires were directional, but the way they are molded on the inner, they do not fit the rims that way (for me). Once you remove the extra rubber on the inner, they aren't snug enough. After placing the engine in, it was way low, so I added a blower! Hood still shuts. Anyhow, hope you like it! Thanx for looking.

nomadboxnomad1

nomad3

nomad5

nomad2

nomad4

nomad6

Edited by Mahogany Rush

Thats the fun thing about plastic models. You are not destroying a real 55 Chevy, so you are free to do whatever you can dream. Anyone doing this to a real classic should be locked up.

As for your model, its great. I like it a lot. Great job

Thanx for the replies. The tires, like I said are directional, but the cut-outs were too big for the rims on that side of all tires, hence putting them on incorrect. I used Chrome Pen on all except the strip on the side.

Edited by Mahogany Rush

13 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Anyone who'd do that to a real '55 Nomad should be horsewhipped, but this is EXACTLY what models are for! Nicely done and model on! B)

Agree with Snake on this. Very cool!