Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 359 and Fruehauf reefer trailer

Suddenly it's 1968 again.... A very nice truck - looks like one back in the day in some of my trucking books ...

Very period correct - I especially like the wheels and tires (front hubs !), the paint scheme and the reefer on the trailer.

Did you use the grill from a Revell Germany Pete? The sunvisor is scratch-built?

12 hours ago, Spruslayer said:

That is one realistic build

Awesome photography too

Got any engine detail shots? Love he plumed ref unit 

Thanks! I do not have any engine shots at the moment, I will try to get some later.

41 minutes ago, 1959scudetto said:

Suddenly it's 1968 again.... A very nice truck - looks like one back in the day in some of my trucking books ...

Very period correct - I especially like the wheels and tires (front hubs !), the paint scheme and the reefer on the trailer.

Did you use the grill from a Revell Germany Pete? The sunvisor is scratch-built?

I used the AMT kit grille and radiator, I just cut the center out of the kit grille and glued in 3 vertical bars. I did a slight black wash on the radiator to make the louvers stand out.

Very nice and realistic model indeed.
The only thing I find that could have been done a bit different is the track of the front axle...it looks a bit wide for center point steering and could have been slightly narrower for it to look perfect.
But that doesn't take anything away from your build as it's very very nice and are up there among the best I've seen so far.

• 1 month later...