[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
John Pol

Tires and Rims

Does anybody have this tires and rims to do this model?

Paul-Newman_Racing_2-e1431701031732.jpg.78dcfad8e7f6ce04f71f3ca52fdadefd.jpg

don't they make a model of this race ca or like it

I have the model but the tires are two parts that is why I ask if there your tires out there that are one piece and it don`t come with this rims ever

....The GT race cars of this, and other era's used a BBS mesh spoke race wheel, usually with the gold spokes. Even though the photo shown has a wheel with yet a different spoke, if you check the dozens of photos of this car and many other Datsun racers of the same era, you will find that you could use the more common BBS wheels I mention. Fujimi makes many set's of various BBS wheels with various tire combo's as well....Ebay is the ticket once you get reference photo's, as I don't know  where to find the exact wheel you seek....but remember,,, wheels changed race to race, event to event, so using the more common BBS would do nicely....just a thought....the Ace....;)...///////...I just Googled  up ' Paul Newman Datsun's'...and, as I mentioned, the car is shown with various wheels depending on the time, event, etc, some even showing silver mesh BBS wheels as well, and even other set's including some photo's using Mini Lite's . Anything you use mentioned would be period correct.......Ace..

Edited by AC Norton
text

These are Japanese wheels, I am still trying to find out the make and type. I would just run BBS or Minilite style wheels. Maybe even some Watanabe Wheels

Here is a better photo of them I just found it

IMG_0120a.jpg

Wow, George!?!  Those are some nice rims, I would love a set

of those!!  Does Fujimi  still make them, do you know?

David S.

the AMT 81 datsun 280zx turbo comes with BBS wheels too. though it would not be wide like a racing tire. i also have a sealed Paul Newman Datsun race car. It will probably stay that way.