Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 944 Turbo Rallye

afx

4 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I hope you do that headlight treatment on the model. It's a really cool look. 

LinkPhoto?GUID=437c12c5-19ce-569d-7ce3-1bd5658240f7&size=

Did you make those lenses Steve?  If so how did you attach them to the body?

2 hours ago, afx said:

Did you make those lenses Steve?  If so how did you attach them to the body?

Yup. Just found a peice of plastic packaging with the right bend in it and cut the peices to fit snug. Glued them in with some Tamiya clear acrylic paint.

I like how the engine is looking.

I sounds like a story is needed to guide this toward what you want it to look like. The 924's were pretty cheap and there had to be people modifying them for whatever race venue they liked. I lived in Neckarsulm where they were assembled at the old NSU plant by Audi. Consider a group of old NSU mechanics, or new Audi wrenches, acquiring a discarded 924 off the line and doing what THEY thought would work to get it on a track.

I'm really enjoying seeing your work on this!

1 hour ago, AthOz said:

This is looking great as usual. Is that an injection pump close to the oil filter? Also, what is that box on the turbo piping?

Thank you. Yes that is a fuel injector pump.  Not sure what the canister behind it does but it feeds into the intake manifold. The box on the turbo piping is some sort of throttle control.

c.jpg

Edited by afx

On Saturday, June 02, 2018 at 12:08 PM, afx said:

Thanks guys for the interest.  I've been struggling Kurt with the issue that the build doesn't more closely replicate the 1:1 so I think I'm heading in a new direction.

2v2J4rGCrxHzrnL.jpgDSCN5502220ea352ff29550b841c585b2c5f5119

Excellent project so far...who makes these Fuchs?

1 hour ago, simonr said:

Excellent project so far...who makes these Fuchs?

Thanks Simon.  The Fuchs are available in the various Fujimi EM Porsche kits.  I stripped the chrome from them. 

1:24 Porsche 911 Carrera RS '73 (Fujimi 12658)1:24 911R Coupe '67 (Fujimi 08208 EM-8)1:24 Porsche 911 Carrera RS '74 (Fujimi 12661)1:24 Porsche 911 Carrera RS Hayase Sakon (Fujimi 170053)1:24 Porsche 911 Carrera RS '74 (Fujimi 126616)1:24 Porsche 911 Carrera '85 (Fujimi 08003)

Thanks Dann.  Jason the rally lights comes the Hasegawa Stratos kit.  I had to remove material between each light to pull them closer together to fit in the space between the headlights on the Porsche.

Image result for hasegawa stratos rallyDSCN5498

On Monday, June 04, 2018 at 7:18 PM, afx said:

Thanks Simon.  The Fuchs are available in the various Fujimi EM Porsche kits.  I stripped the chrome from them. 

1:24 Porsche 911 Carrera RS '73 (Fujimi 12658)1:24 911R Coupe '67 (Fujimi 08208 EM-8)1:24 Porsche 911 Carrera RS '74 (Fujimi 12661)1:24 Porsche 911 Carrera RS Hayase Sakon (Fujimi 170053)1:24 Porsche 911 Carrera RS '74 (Fujimi 126616)1:24 Porsche 911 Carrera '85 (Fujimi 08003)

Thanks my friend...I though that...

Nice! A different Porsche and an interesting one! I bought some Fuchs resin wheels from scaleproduction.de. I'm in the UK they are in Germany. The Fuchs they produce are in various sizes.

Thanks Jim.  Pat, the deep offset RSR style Fuchs are from Scale Productions, I modified them to fit Fireball Modelworks wheel hubs.  Both companies offer great parts/kits.

DSCN5476

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...