[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Mike999

Italeri Land Rover Fire Truck 1/24

I just went looking for info on Italeri's re-issue of the old ESCI Range Rover Police Car.  Looks like Italeri is also doing a 1/24 scale Land Rover Fire Truck, which I believe is something brand new.  AFAIK, ESCI never did a Land Rover fire truck.  They did a Mercedes G-Wagen small pumper, but it had the pump in the interior rear, not on the front bumper like this Land Rover.

Sorry for the bad photo, but it's the only one I could find.  Looks like the kit will be a hardtop with the front-mounted pump, searchlight and a great big roof rack.  Since Italeri-USA was part of the Hobbico conglomerate, I don't know when, or even if, this one will hit the stores.  A couple of Euro model stores say it is "Due For 2018."  But there's no mention of it on the Italeri-USA website or even their Italian site.

lr_fire.jpg

Interesting...also, the Esci Land Rover was a LWB 2dr, this appears to be a 4dr.   Would be fun to have one to do stock... 

I really hope they get this one out, I want one.

The one in the photo is an older year model than the previously issued one. This one has the narrow lights. Would be interesting to see what is eventually issued.

33 minutes ago, ChrisR said:

The one in the photo is an older year model than the previously issued one. This one has the narrow lights. Would be interesting to see what is eventually issued.

Good catch.  That also looks like a photo of a real vehicle, not a model. 

All the ESCI/Italeri 1/24 scale Land Rovers were the later Series III (wide headlights).  So were Italeri's own 1/35 scale kits, the "Pink Panther" recon vehicle and various military hardtops which date back to the 1970s. Back then Tamiya did a 1/35 scale Pink Panther and Ambulance based on the Series II with narrow headlights, like the photo above.

But Italeri just recently re-issued the 1/35 Series III kit as a Spanish Guardia Civil police vehicle with a new hardtop, right or left-hand dashboards and some other new parts and decals.  So they seem to be "freshening up" their 1/35 Land Rover kits, and maybe that will carry over to 1/24 with this fire truck. Sure hope so.

But I suspect we'll just get another re-issue of the old 2-door ESCI 1/24 kit, with the hardtop and roof rack from the "African Safari" version. That version was re-issued back around 2007:

lr_ital.jpg

It may just be intended as dust, but that built boxtop model looks like it was made by someone who doesn't know how aluminium-bodied Land Rovers weather...

best,

M.

I really hope to see this one!