Model Cars Magazine Forum

The AMT kit. This wasn't an easy build and never expected this result.

Had to untwist the body and then virtually assembled the kit with white glue as I made parts fit correctly.

Body went into the purple pond multiple times as paint jobs failed but finally got it right.

This was a "walk away from it" (I did many times) build I would never try this kit again but was pleasantly pleased how it did turn out.

photo95-vi.jpg
photo99-vi.jpg
photo82-vi.jpg
photo89-vi.jpg

Where did those wheels come from? They look like A-Team wheels. The wheel/tire combination and the stance look perfect.

I have a few of those kits, but I've never given the SS serious thought until seeing yours. I have the kits as donors for stock versions, but now I may have to build one out of the box! Great job.

1 hour ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Where did those wheels come from? They look like A-Team wheels. The wheel/tire combination and the stance look perfect.

I have a few of those kits, but I've never given the SS serious thought until seeing yours. I have the kits as donors for stock versions, but now I may have to build one out of the box! Great job.

The wheels came from the AMT 72 GTO kit.

I hand painted the lettering on the tires using acrylic craft paint and a round toothpick!

Very sharp! I just finished this too, it's in under glass section. The nose was a lot of work on mine and also the windshield was  so thick I had problems getting interior tub in proper place. I like your color choices! Nice 

• 2 weeks later...