Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Hemi Savoy

12 hours ago, BubbaBrown said:

MCW lists a 1964 Ply 2dr sdn part no. PLY-64SD for $40.00. They also have a hardtop and there made to work with the lindy kits I believe.

Alright thanks for the info guys now I’ll have to either find or make the single headlight grill 

1 hour ago, PlymouthFan said:

Alright thanks for the info guys now I’ll have to either find or make the single headlight grill 

Missing link makes it and it is a VERY nice piece. Drops in the lindberg body perfectly

13 hours ago, BubbaBrown said:

MCW lists a 1964 Ply 2dr sdn part no. PLY-64SD for $40.00. They also have a hardtop and there made to work with the lindy kits I believe.

How did you find that?  Their website is an absolute trainwreck...  aside from the awful clashing colours and layout, some of the links only work from the home page.  I gave up looking.

If that body is made to fit the Lindberg kit, I would check the cowl and windshield header.  The Lindberg windshield is much too straight top and bottom (like their '67 Olds); the old Johans were much more accurate in that area.

We’ll keep an eye out for my Savoy builds I’ve got a standard savoy I’ll be using a Lindberg 64 Dodge as donor for the sedan part and as far as it’s looking my sealed Johan 64 Plymouth is getting unsealed and turned to the body 

20 hours ago, dodgefever said:

How did you find that?  Their website is an absolute trainwreck...  aside from the awful clashing colours and layout, some of the links only work from the home page.  I gave up looking.

Trainwreck? Not even close. What's the big deal about navigating the site? Under "Catalog", click on "Resin" and you are taken to the resin list. Scroll through the products until you get to Plymouth kits. You want to see what the kit looks like? Click the big red "Gallery" button, once again scrolling down until you find the model and click the link(s) to see photos of the built up item. 

Bandit Resins also produces a '64 Plymouth 2Dr Sedan; but, unlike the MCW offering, which consists of stock body, hood, grille, tailights, bumpers, interior, wheels & tires, & vac.glass, it only includes the body, hood and single headlight grille.

Being somewhat interested in this  same info for a 1964 Plymouth sedan .

Has anyone held either the MCW and/or  the Bandit body in hand.? to comment how nice it is ,,or isnt ?

Compared to others.

I have both a MCW and Speed City bodies of a 1965 Plymouth AFX, and Speed City is heads above the MCW body as to quality. So I am interested to know the best one avail out there

I have the JF 1964 Plymouth  body and it leaves A LOT to be desired

Edited by gtx6970

35 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Trainwreck? Not even close. What's the big deal about navigating the site? Under "Catalog", click on "Resin" and you are taken to the resin list. Scroll through the products until you get to Plymouth kits. You want to see what the kit looks like? Click the big red "Gallery" button, once again scrolling down until you find the model and click the link(s) to see photos of the built up item. 

Bandit Resins also produces a '64 Plymouth 2Dr Sedan; but, unlike the MCW offering, which consists of stock body, hood, grille, tailights, bumpers, interior, wheels & tires, & vac.glass, it only includes the body, hood and single headlight grille.

My fault, I was confused and ended up looking at the Missing Link site mentioned in the previous post.  Their site is really abysmal.  The MCW site is better, but still looks like something from a Geocities webring circa 1999...