Model Cars Magazine Forum

Think this has ever been offroad?

That is an every day thing in Texas. Giant tires, an extra foot or more of ground clearance. I think it looks stupid. It's also really annoying to have someone's headlights at eye level when driving a car or even a stock SUV like my 2002 Toyota 4Runner. It should be against the law to have headlights that high. It's a safety hazard. And stupid.

Here in Fla. the maximum headlight height is 54" , that's 4'6" , most of the trucks that are jacked up are over that , automatic ticket and truck impounded , can't drive it in an unsafe condition . They're trying to keep the bumper levels in check for the safety of the general public . 

Not saying they enforce it , but they can at any time .

Edited by oldnslow

3 hours ago, Jantrix said:

Exactly how does tire inflation affect the weight of a wheel?

Umm, it doesn't.  But when you are 77 years old and just typing out some comment to go along with pictures you just posted, anything is liable to pop into your mind....

Don't bash these guys too hard. There are folks like this in every genre of the automotive world. 

I encountered a fellow at a car show with a '68 Barracuda with a twin turbo 383 pro-street. I asked him how fast it was, how many horsepower, ETA's etc. His answer for all was, "No idea. She gets driven locally to shows and trailered to all the rest." I walked away thinking, what a waste of time and money, to build something capable of screaming down a drag strip, but it's never even done a burnout.

I see it all the time. I've been to the NHRA Southeast Street Rod Nats for years and there's as many trailers in the parking lots as there are cars on the grass. 

At least that Jeep is getting driven. 

For me,less is more...I have a 2000 Cherokee.It is lifted 6 inches,and riding on 35s.I do have a custom front bumper.But other than that,the truck looks stock.I hate all the extra LED lights guys are using.They are very annoying.I love Jeep's,but I don't like them when they are over done,with every known mod out there.And now they have a grill,that makes your head lights look mad.....Are u kidding me with that?Simple,and clean,that's the ticket.Again,Jeep's are great...For the most part.And I don't mean the new Jeep's.Jeep has dropped the ball when it comes to great vehicles.To me the only Jeep now,are the Wranglers.Actually that's the way it has been for a long time.The XJs saved Jeep back in the day.They are great trucks now,when you find the right one. 

Edited by NYLIBUD

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, Jantrix said:

I see it all the time. I've been to the NHRA Southeast Street Rod Nats for years and there's as many trailers in the parking lots as there are cars on the grass. 

It's not just automotive. At a lot of motorcycle events such as Sturgis/Laconia, you can get pins/patches that say "I rode my bike to trailer week".