Model Cars Magazine Forum

MapleLeaf Modelworks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no idea how have I missed this both on here and on shapeways. I need to recover from some quite reckless "budget overreach" LOL and then I am definitely stocking up on some goodies. Looks like truly top notch stuff. 

On 2/5/2022 at 6:41 PM, mrm said:

I have no idea how have I missed this both on here and on shapeways. I need to recover from some quite reckless "budget overreach" LOL and then I am definitely stocking up on some goodies. Looks like truly top notch stuff. 

It is great stuff. Chris offers some unique stuff in his shop, especially for traditional hot rodders.

Chris @Spex84 maybe you should share the new Quick Changes? I think @mrm is in the market for some .

1 minute ago, Mr. Metallic said:

It is great stuff. Chris offers some unique stuff in his shop, especially for traditional hot rodders.

Chris @Spex84 maybe you should share the new Quick Changes? I think @mrm is in the market for some .

Most definitely. I still can not believe that with all the different ‘32 Ford variations and reissues, Revell never put a quickchange rear in any of those kits. 

Thanks @Mr. Metallic and @mrm. Craig, have you received yours yet? I was holding off until I can get some product feedback (still concerned about those sprue connectors, haha!)

But shucks, I guess I'll post here anyway: Anyone want a quick-change rearend and T-style spring and crossmember made to fit into the Revell '29 and '30 Fords?

The first version is up on the MapleLeaf Modelworks store at Shapeways.com! Search for "quick-change".

This is just a promo render; the actual product is made of multiple individual pieces connected with sprues for easier painting; use a razor saw to carefully separate parts from sprues). I'm hoping to do a test print on my own printer soon, and will make adjustments as needed.

QC_V1-vi.jpg

• Like 1

@Spex84 I haven't placed my order yet. Enormous heating bill for January (and presumably February) ate my Shapeways budget for the moment. Which is really unfortunate since I planned to feature your QC under the Model A I just started.

I will be ordering several eventually. I've always been happy with your designs, so I'm sure these will follow your same high standards.

Edited by Mr. Metallic

On 2/14/2022 at 1:51 PM, Mr. Metallic said:

@Spex84 I haven't placed my order yet. Enormous heating bill for January (and presumably February) ate my Shapeways budget for the moment. Which is really unfortunate since I planned to feature your QC under the Model A I just started.

I will be ordering several eventually. I've always been happy with your designs, so I'm sure these will follow your same high standards.

Oh, whoops! I've sold several and thought you were one of the buyers. No worries, it's the thought that counts haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not bought a lot of 3D parts, just a few things on ebay. I saw the MapleLeaf items on here and decided to order. I got the quick change for the '29/30 Ford, some Olds engine parts, and the sbc fenderwell headers. They look great! Turn around time was very fast, I expected it to take longer. Everything was packed very well. I will definitely be getting more items, the service for my items was excellent!

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2022 at 10:12 AM, larman said:

I have not bought a lot of 3D parts, just a few things on ebay. I saw the MapleLeaf items on here and decided to order. I got the quick change for the '29/30 Ford, some Olds engine parts, and the sbc fenderwell headers. They look great! Turn around time was very fast, I expected it to take longer. Everything was packed very well. I will definitely be getting more items, the service for my items was excellent!

Glad to hear it, Larry! Thanks for choosing MLM...and be sure to post some pics if you use the parts in a project. I love seeing the stuff actually getting built.

Hmm, it's been a while since I posted in this thread. Here's a mockup of the QC setup that I printed at home...it's packaged differently from the Shapeways version (that version has bigger sprues) but I've had a couple Shapeways customers report successful results so far, so I'm pretty excited about it. This was posted to Instagram a while back and I still haven't painted the parts. I'd better get in gear!!

QuickchangeMockup1-vi.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Glad to hear it, Larry! Thanks for choosing MLM...and be sure to post some pics if you use the parts in a project. I love seeing the stuff actually getting built.

Hmm, it's been a while since I posted in this thread. Here's a mockup of the QC setup that I printed at home...it's packaged differently from the Shapeways version (that version has bigger sprues) but I've had a couple Shapeways customers report successful results so far, so I'm pretty excited about it. This was posted to Instagram a while back and I still haven't painted the parts. I'd better get in gear!!

Wow! That looks really nice. Would be a nice upgrade to the Revell kits.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my most recent order from Shapeways the other day, and here is the stuff I got from Maple Leaf ModelWorks @Spex84

Little gem of a QC rear setup for the Revell Model A kits

Checking the fit

Buick Nailhead headers

Olds block letter valve covers and exhaust

Love Chris' designs. Buy his stuff with confidence.

Thanks for the kind words Craig. I bet you can make those parts shine!

At your suggestion, I have created a version of the quickchange rear with crossmember to fit Revell '32 Fords. All it required was widening the crossmember to 38mm from the previous 34. Both versions are now in the shop, so to future shoppers: please pay attention to the title and description of the product, it will tell you whether the parts fit Revell '29/30 or Revell '32!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/2C9MDJHN5/quickchange-rear-with-crossmember-fits-revell-32

QC_Revell32_V1_2sm-vi.jpg

I've also added a 3-pack of plain rear crossmembers in the same 38mm width to fit Revell '32 frames:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/T3HQUKQ66/3pack-model-t-crossmembers-fits-revell-32-ford

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Raoul Ross said:

EDIT: There's no 1/25 Filter option.

Over on the left you'll find the shop sections, which are divided according to scale and content. Nearly everything in the shop is in "1/25 Hot Rod Parts", with a few engine combo packs in "1/25 Engine Combo Packs".

I wish there was a better way to sort and display the items. I've even considered creating my own website as a landing page to direct people to the products in a more streamlined way, but the cost and labor involved is prohibitive right now.

4 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Over on the left you'll find the shop sections, which are divided according to scale and content. Nearly everything in the shop is in "1/25 Hot Rod Parts", with a few engine combo packs in "1/25 Engine Combo Packs".

I wish there was a better way to sort and display the items. I've even considered creating my own website as a landing page to direct people to the products in a more streamlined way, but the cost and labor involved is prohibitive right now.

Got it, Thanx Chris!

• 2 weeks later...

New on the store are an Olds 303 front saddle-style mount intended to fit Revell '32 Fords (say, if you want to drop the Revell '50 Olds in, but the kit-stock mounting nub just isn't doin' it for ya) and an 8-pack of '40 Ford brake master cylinders.

OldsSaddleV1_1-vi.jpg40MasterCylinderV1_1-vi.jpg