Model Cars Magazine Forum

Have a palatte cleanser.

Image result for 250gto

Ferrari has gone quite a long way backwards in 54 years, to my eyes. Yes the new car is better looking than most of its peers (thanks for posting it Richard) but imo doesn't match up to this!

Supposedly, it is influenced by the Ferrari F40, except for the frontbumper, which is influenced by the 308/328.

Call me silly, but I don't see either of it. Eric Clapton's was influenced by a BB and I can see that. But still, the simplicity and elegance of Ferrari's till the mid nineties are gone. For me, the last beautiful 'sculpted' is the 550 and 360. From the 430 on, it is overdesigned and the flair is gone.

But who cares, I can't buy them anyway :-)

16 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I think if we want attractive hypercars, we can look no further than this.

The new McLaren Senna. Not nearly as garish and over the top as that Apollo, yet still bonkers.

I do actually rather like the McLaren. There seems to be some reason to most of its "aero" styling, other than just an overly nervous CFD program.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computational_fluid_dynamics

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

19 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I think if we want attractive hypercars, we can look no further than this.

The new McLaren Senna. Not nearly as garish and over the top as that Apollo, yet still bonkers.

I don't know... still seems way too contrived. Too busy. Too pointless.

If there’s one thing you can guarantee with McLaren, it’s that every bit of that aero does something. The Senna is track focused, where getting aerodynamic downforce without increasing drag is the name of the game. They’re world leaders at it, which is why the “affordable” 720S of this year is to all intents and purposes as quick as the million-pound P1 hypercar of only a year or three back. You can debate “ugly”, but there’s nothing on the Senna that’s “pointless...”

best,

M.