Model Cars Magazine Forum

Motor City Resin Casters Slant Six with Hyper Pak option

Just got the latest offering from Jeff over at Motor City Resin Casters- a complete Slant Six engine with automatic transmission. The kit builds into a stock Slant, or into the Mopar performance Hyper Pak version, using parts duplicated from the ancient Revell '62 Valiant... or was it a Lancer? Anyway, I had the parts and loaned them out to Jeff so he could offer it with his engine. 

Get with Jeff on pricing. The way he was saying it the Hyper Pak parts will be included with the engine kit, but that may NOT be the case. And I don't know if he's planning on it, but I'm certain if you ask Jeff nicely enough he'd be willing to sell just the Hyper Pak components. Casting quality is great overall, I can find nary a pinhole and there's minimal flash, oddly the worst flash is on the smallest parts. :D 

100_0404.thumb.JPG.45254d0c0f808d204ef42b6e800c6385.JPG

Here's a general parts overlay- complete down to front engine mounts. There's a distributor tower but no cap- one of Morgan Automotive Detail's pre-wired units would do nicely there :)

And the Hyper Pak parts- intake and exhaust manifolds and the cast aluminum valve cover. 

100_0405.thumb.JPG.b2f0d278c1c39e1dc24826168ba2d42e.JPG