Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Ray 2015/16 Shelby GT350

Snake45

Found this one at Hobby Lobby; with coupon I was out the door for well under $20. They also come in the traditional white with blue stripes scheme. I thought the thing looked bigger than 1/24, but measuring the wheelbase with a dial caliper, it's darn close to right on the money.

I'm not an expert on these by any means but google-imaging pics of the things, the shape and overall look seem pretty good to me. I couldn't find much to Snake-Fu on it. I sanded the tire treads, and worked down some molding marks and flaws on the rear spoiler. Had to remove some molding sprue scrap from the top edge of the clear headlight covers. I could have disassembled the thing, removed the headlight covers and done some detail painting in the headlight area, but after doing all that with a recent late model Camaro kit build, I'm not sure the finished result would have been worth the extra effort and aggravation. I did paint the (came in silver) front turn signals with pearl white and painted on the amber front side marker lights, but that's about it. Maybe two hours total of work on this one, and that time might even include some net research. BTW, the paint isn't as “bass boat sparkly” as it looks in these pics. It's a nice shade of metallic dark blue.

I like the new Mustangs okay, but not enough to do a full-tilt kit build on one. For the time, $, and effort expended, I'm very happy to have this one on the shelf.

2015MustangDC02.jpg.62f915863e3b9be715209ab79b5ad88a.jpg

2015MustangDC04.jpg.aee1b53c71a91e8d944ff53d1950fab9.jpg

2015MustangDC06.thumb.jpg.3229cdcd8152b7378a19dfd843db4801.jpg

2015MustangDC07.jpg.111f0cf9602b24abd7f2983143faf7a4.jpg