Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some Olde things

But wait...there's MORE !!!

Image result for george barris golden sahara

Image result for george barris golden sahara

Related image

Related image

I think the DiDia 150 is way out-there, but really cool. The only thing I'm not on board with is the bulging rear glass and the height of the fins.

As for the rest...they're varying shades of, let's be generous, "original". That said, I challenge anyone on here to come up with a 100% coachbuilt original design (heavy emphasis on original) and then we can sic the internet on your creation, trial by fire. The thin-skinned need not apply!

*edit: I have a soft spot for the Golden Sahara too.

Edited by Spex84

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

And here is more of Bobby Darin's DiDia 150. I think it too is beautiful. 

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2897.JPG

This thing STILL EXISTS, but Tom Petty is dead? This world is truly a cruel and unjust place. :angry:

27 minutes ago, Spex84 said:

... That said, I challenge anyone on here to come up with a 100% coachbuilt original design (heavy emphasis on original) and then we can sic the internet on your creation, trial by fire. The thin-skinned need not apply!

I don't know how you want to define "coachbuilt", but this is entirely my original work. Bring on the"expert" criticism. I can hardly wait.

1:10 scale model:  Image result for Engwer solo urban vehicle

Full scale mockup under construction:  Image result for Engwer solo urban vehicle

Flojoles refritos are my fave!

Ace--I knew you'd chime in :D Your design is thoroughly inoffensive. I'm in no position to judge its originality, of course! 

But hmmm...it could use a little somethin', a little flavor. Spicy Flojoles.  A little nudge here and a tug there....

There ya go: :D:D 

1977_Colani_Sportscar_Prototype_01-1-960

(I know I'm getting off-topic, but the Colani creation above is pretty Olde now too)

5 hours ago, Spex84 said:

...I know I'm getting off-topic, but the Colani creation above is pretty Olde now too...

:D Glad you brought up Luigi Colani. I've been a fan of his work for decades. Probably the most "original" designer out there. Not terribly practical in a lot of cases, but certainly thought-provoking and inspiring:

Image result for colani car designs