Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your TV and movie cars!

Oldcarfan27

19 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

Thanks! It was a lot more work but just seemed necessary to get the feel of the movie car. Although I normally have no problem with diecasts, it's their one major shortfall - you never see the appropriate dents on cars like this, the Deathmobile, the Blues Brothers Dodge, etc.

I didn't realise it was a die cast. Even more impressive actually, to put those dents in die cast without wrecking it. Yeah, die cast do tend to fall short on unique movie specific details.

9 hours ago, slusher said:

Excellent models!

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

I didn't realise it was a die cast. Even more impressive actually, to put those dents in die cast without wrecking it. Yeah, die cast do tend to fall short on unique movie specific details.

Sorry, that was poorly phrased on my part. That one was built from the AMT kit. I had meant TV/movie-themed diecasts in general, because I keep seeing a lot of high price cars out there that are all perfectly straight despite the subject and it never looks right.

I have also banged up a diecast or two, though!

2012-limo-right.jpg.dfea9be981c685a70377b3d8ea0caf07.jpg

deadpool-taxi-2.jpg.ef18d1c65873e830c9abd6a8af96cb33.jpg

19 hours ago, gjorenby said:
20 hours ago, Just Jim said:

ThunderCougarFalconBird from Futurama

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 13.jpg

Pic 14.jpg

Pic 15.jpg

Pic 16.jpg

Futurama car is awesome!  My son is a huge fan of the series so I need to build this for him.  What did you use as a base model?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I started with a glue bomb 57 T-Bird. The jet engines are from a War Hammer vehicle. Good luck, I look forward to seeing your build!

Pic 4.jpg

I saw this thread and it looked fun. Great builds here. I did one movie car, transformers camaro. Did a lot of research on the car. Steve Saleen built the movie cars out of Holden GTOs . Chevy had the sheet metal and Steve’s crew cut them up and put the new sheet metal on them. The Camaros were not even out yet. The color was sunrise gold. House of color. My paint rep found some from a friend of his. So I painted it this color. Just as I finished this, the IPMS Santa Rosa chapter was having a model contest and the Lucas people were there. We had Darth Vader walking around , R2d2 was rolling around. Storm troopers and a room displaying Star Wars things. Chris Zannella was the pres at the time and knew Gerore Lucas. So he had some of  star wars people there. Some judged some classes. Like the movie class. My car took 1st for the color of the car. A guy knew the color from the movie and asked me where did I get it? Anyway here it is. And the Lucas award. 

B5F883B7-7A9C-4331-984F-EB008707D765.jpeg

C710C441-B28B-4B29-B0D4-2A92EA9F6B34.jpeg

AA893444-76CF-4FCB-A3EB-D10AB35FDBDA.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 10:45 PM, Oldcarfan27 said:

Nice build and good information on the movie car. I never knew it was built from a GTO.

Glad you won an award for it. I'm sure Ron Howard was there to vote for it personally!

Thank you Oldcarfan27. I wish Ron Howard was there but he wasn’t. 

3 hours ago, Brudda said:

Thank you Oldcarfan27. I wish Ron Howard was there but he wasn’t. 

He must've been. After all, he signed the award so it MUST have his approval!

Or maybe he just donated the VHS box for the plaque. Opie Cunningham was very generous! 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my diorama of a scene from the 1958 movie "Thunder Road" starring Robert Mitchum as the moonshine runner.  The scene was where the rival gangsters attempt to kill him on the road, but he releases an oil slick from a special tank under the rear bumper, and causes the chase car to slide and crash over the cliff.  Done in a modified gray scale ( since the movie was in black and white).  The hood is up on Mitchum's car to show the modified engine which is plumbed and wired like the movie version.  Cars are wired for headlights and taillights, and the billboard shows the poster for the movie.  There is also a sound card that plays Mitchum singing the title song from the movie.

IMG_3619(1).jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Frozenone said:

Here's my diorama of a scene from the 1958 movie "Thunder Road" starring Robert Mitchum as the moonshine runner.  The scene was where the rival gangsters attempt to kill him on the road, but he releases an oil slick from a special tank under the rear bumper, and causes the chase car to slide and crash over the cliff.  Done in a modified gray scale ( since the movie was in black and white).  The hood is up on Mitchum's car to show the modified engine which is plumbed and wired like the movie version.  Cars are wired for headlights and taillights, and the billboard shows the poster for the movie.  There is also a sound card that plays Mitchum singing the title song from the movie.

IMG_3619(1).jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

Great diorama - love the lights and the action!

Some great stuff on here!

I'm not sure my effort is in quite the same league, but hopefully it's at least recognisable.......

1:24 Monogram 1955 Chevy kit

1:24 Monogram 1955 Chevy kit

I know now that the Monogram '55 isn't the best to place to start building a Two Lane Blacktop replica, but I started it in my pre-internet days in the early-mid '90s and it was only ever meant to be a bit of fun (that took me over 25 years to get across the line).

Edited by Spottedlaurel
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I'm not sure my effort is in quite the same league, but hopefully it's at least recognisable.......

Absolutely captures the look and feel of the Two Lane Blacktop car. (Almost too clean!) Really nice job. Now, where's that dang Goat...